Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS B360-M D2
CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
UHD 630 + R7 240
Hi Hackintosher, hope you're doing awesome.

I created a hackintosh machine with opencore boot loader and it has been successfully installed and working fine except graphic acceleration.

I installed this OS while my dGPU was connected and now I want to remove my dGPU and want to use my Intel UHD 630 iGPU (Because my dGPU is AMD R7 240 which is natively not supported and I'm not getting any graphic acceleration as well.)
But when I use my iGPU via connecting a VGA port (because my HDMI port is damaged) in my MB, my monitor shows "No Signal From Your Device" after the verbose.

I'm pretty sure the macOS loaded successfully but somehow my iGPU/MB is unable to send a signal to the monitor. I've tried "Connector-type-patching" but nothing is working for me.

I need serious help to fix this, please help me out.

Using:
Platform Id: 07009B3E (also tried 00009B3E)
iGPU Device Id: 3E928086

Attachments

• 1370kfrmka1a1.png
    1370kfrmka1a1.png
    127.7 KB · Views: 100
  • config.plist
    33.2 KB · Views: 54
VGA is not a natively supported display connector in macOS.

Some people have been fortunate and they have found their VGA connectors are discovered and work as if they were DisplayPort connectors in macOS.

Others like yourself, find the VGA connector doesn't work in macOS.

If you have tried changing the display connector and that didn't work, then realistically you have two choices.
  1. Purchase a new motherboard with a working DP or HDMI connector and continue to use the IGPU, or
  2. Purchase a natively supported AMD discrete GPU that works in Ventura.
The RX400 series or newer dGPU's are supported in Ventura. So the secondhand market (eBay) might be a good place to look if funds are tight/short.

Use the GPU buyers guide to make sure you are looking/bidding for a supported dGPU.

VGA is not a natively supported display connector in macOS.

Some people have been fortunate and they have found their VGA connectors are discovered and work as if they were DisplayPort connectors in macOS.

Others like yourself, find the VGA connector doesn't work in macOS.

If you have tried changing the display connector and that didn't work, then realistically you have two choices.
  1. Purchase a new motherboard with a working DP or HDMI connector and continue to use the IGPU, or
  2. Purchase a natively supported AMD discrete GPU that works in Ventura.
The RX400 series or newer dGPU's are supported in Ventura. So the secondhand market (eBay) might be a good place to look if funds are tight/short.

Use the GPU buyers guide to make sure you are looking/bidding for a supported dGPU.

Thanks for your reply, I would really think about it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back