Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello. We have a ProBook 4530s with 16GB of RAM and an Intel 3000 graphics card and i5 CPU. We would think this would run very fast, but the system lags frequently and vigorously when it is displaying new things on the screen (e.g., when clicking the spotlight icon, or hovering over the dock icons, the system freezes for ~10 seconds).

I think that it is a graphics issue, maybe the graphics card does not have enough memory allocated to it? I've done SSDT from ProBookInstaller 6, and done the battery removal to make sure it's loaded, but no dice. I've also tried GraphicsEnabler = Yes and = No.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Hello. We have a ProBook 4530s with 16GB of RAM and an Intel 3000 graphics card and i5 CPU. We would think this would run very fast, but the system lags frequently and vigorously when it is displaying new things on the screen (e.g., when clicking the spotlight icon, or hovering over the dock icons, the system freezes for ~10 seconds).

I think that it is a graphics issue, maybe the graphics card does not have enough memory allocated to it? I've done SSDT from ProBookInstaller 6, and done the battery removal to make sure it's loaded, but no dice. I've also tried GraphicsEnabler = Yes and = No.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

How did you install? Maybe try fresh install to spare partition using current guide and installer...

Installed using the latest Unibeast, Multibeast, and PBI 2 days ago. System was laggy from the start of install.

Could something in my boot.plist have an effect?
Here are my keys:
Code:
<dict>	<key>DropSSDT</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Hide Partition</key>
	<string></string>
	<key>Kernel</key>
	<string>mach_kernel</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string></string>
	<key>Legacy Logo</key>
	<string>No</string>
	<key>ShowInfo</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Timeout</key>
	<string>1</string>
	<key>UseKernelCache</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Wake</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>No</string>
</dict>

Installed using the latest Unibeast, Multibeast, and PBI 2 days ago. System was laggy from the start of install.

Try clean install using only ProBook Installer v6.1. We do not use Multibeast for the ProBook. Follow the sticky guide at the top of this forum.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

see below.

I was reading in other forums I believe you need to change the ram to 8gb some forums say the hp probook could take up to 16GB but is really 8 GB

i'm a noob too, but just chiming in to help. you won't need to change the ram, but it's up to you to decide.

do a fresh install, make sure you use the most updated unibeast, os x 10.8.4 and, importantly the probook installer.

follow the guide to the dot, and you can probably get a good result.

if not, tell us where you didnt follow the guide.

I was reading in other forums I believe you need to change the ram to 8gb some forums say the hp probook could take up to 16GB but is really 8 GB

I'm currently running 16 GB at 1600 mhz and using all of it without any problems. I recently reinstalled fresh and never had to disable any ram or anything like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back