i5 4690K
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi there,

I am having problems with Yosemite freezing VERY frequently (every ~2 minutes). Without warning the whole system locks up, with the cursor unable to move. This occurs even when no programmes are running and the system is not being used, with no additional peripherals or ethernet attached (just 1 HDMI monitor, USB keyboard and mouse). Ethernet and sound appear to be working fine when connected. My system is as follows:

Z97M-D3H
Intel i5-4690K
2x8GB HyperX RAM (1866, CL10)
256GB Crucial SSD (with Windows and Mac partition)
3TB Seagate HDD

I followed this guide, except I did not disable Intel Turbo Boost; so prior to install I:
disabled VT-d
set output to IGFX only

I then installed Windows 8.1 which runs without a problem. After installing Yosemite, which went relatively smoothly (occasional freezes which disappeared on reboot), I then installed the following Multibeast setup:

QuickStart > DSDT Free
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC892
Drivers > Disk > 3rd Party SATA
Drivers > Disk > TRIM Enabler 10.10.0 TRIM patch
Drivers > Network > Realtek > RealtekRTL8111 v1.2.2
Bootloader> Chimera v4.0.0
Customize > Boot Options > Basic Boot Options
Customize > Boot Options > Generate CPU States
Customize > Boot Options > Hibernate Mode - Desktop
Customize > Boot Options > Use KernelCache
Customize > System Definitions > Mac Pro > Mac Pro 3,1
Customize > Themes > tonymacx86 Black

The system was still hanging prior to setting up multibeast, and continued to do so after the setup was installed (with frequent restarting to allow this). I have tried a fresh install of Yosemite but the problem persists, and I am getting frustrated about what I can do!

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Thanks, but this is a totally different problem, with completely different hardware.

I've just had it hang in verbose, safe mode (-x, -u), and get the following kernel panic (opening logs within System information often appears to cause the crash):
WP_20141106_00_54_05_Pro.jpg

The top line continues "but found 0xdeadbeef00000000, bits changes 0xdeadbeef, at offset 48 of 64 in element 0xffffff801d0d7d00,"

Understood, but we have similar multibeast settings. I've played around with bios. Its strange that UEFI would not let me install Adobe programs and F10 Award bios would freeze all the time. F6 bios is just flat out sluggish, but everything works.

Just throwing my 2 cents, and letting you know you aint alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back