CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
GTX 670
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
The thing looks like this, I have a new hackintosh everything works as it should just the problem lies in hibernation and more precisely:
My computer wakes up from time to time (1-3h) with the screen off, turns on the fans and is in this state for 15 seconds and then goes back to sleep, what could be the reason?

I probably did everything I could, including typing those commands.

sudo pmset powernap 0
sudo pmset standby 0
sudo pmset proximitywake 0
sudo pmset tcpkeepalive 0

But it didn’t help.

My specification:
H110M PRO-D
I7 7700
16 GB RAM
RX 570 8GB vram

yes. i hv the same problem too.

Power Events:

Next Scheduled Events:

appPID: 109

Type: Wake

Scheduled By: com.apple.alarm.user-visible-com.apple.acmd.alarm

Time: 2022/10/28, 11:31 PM

UserVisible: 0

Last edited:
My hack, which finally had stable sleep for quite a while, is also getting random wakes on ventura. all settings are still correct and USB ports correctly mapped, yet system is constantly waking it up several times for no good reason. The wake reason is always RTC alarm, which is basically code for "system woke up because macOS wanted it to but we won't tell you why"

Maybe you have a mouse mover

My hack, which finally had stable sleep for quite a while, is also getting random wakes on ventura. all settings are still correct and USB ports correctly mapped, yet system is constantly waking it up several times for no good reason. The wake reason is always RTC alarm, which is basically code for "system woke up because macOS wanted it to but we won't tell you why"
Same, Unfortunately, I don't know how I could fix it

I also noticed that the system wakes up more often when I have razer ripsaw video capture connected, so I disabled the ability to wake up from sleep via USB, but unfortunately, once every 3-4 hours the system starts up for a second and then falls asleep again

It's still better than my previous Hackintosh which immediately after falling asleep either shut down completely or restarted immediately

Yeah the behavior which I had managed to cure on big sir (no idea how) came back on ventura. it's 100% deliberate by system. it's an RTC alarm wake. what's interesting is, like i noted before the RTC wake is disabled during a sleep focus so fortunately when i flip sleep mode on in apple watch, the computer stays asleep til I wake up. then like clock work the INSTANT and i mean the INSTANT i turn sleep off in morning, the computer wakes up due to RTC wake (not proximity) cause whatever is scheduling it new sleep was over and it was "overdo"

it's not all usual hackintosh problem culprits though. it's not a USB wake or network wake or any kind of misconfiguration. It's a scheduleld wake by system for whatever task is running but when I do any log query it's MEGA vague in most apple way possible. It's a system task doing it and they don't want you knowing what or why.

Please see this thread for more info and a workaround to the problem:-

Last edited:
any way to remove the acmd? i could remove watchdogd from /System/Library/LaunchDaemons when its panic while doing kdp debugging but cant find any for acmd. i am getting some power event 11 hang. a reboot fixes it but

Back