Contribute
Register

Vega Frontier Edition on High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sorry, when you download the Nvidia web drivers it places them in the Library/extensions folder. The AMD Kexts are native and don’t need any fixing. Try lilukext and Whatevergreen kext in Clover Kexts other folder. They may help.

I have tried with and without them? in the clover EFI\Clover\Kexts\Other.. no change, i did find i do have 1 display port that works but its all scrambled until os x boots to login? same result however.. Do you think Id be wasting my time doing a fresh install?

Gigamax I tried that , no Luck, Well Im doing a carbon copy as of now, guess Ill have to try a clean install ? Has anyone used the XFX card? seen a lotta sapphires but this was the cheapest Vega64 atm this stupid crypto mining is really pissing me off. was gonna get this card a couple weeks before christmas for $400 less!

The card is fine High Sierra is gong through changes now and others have the DisplayPort issue. I’ll look there is a patch for the Vega.

Can you drag your EFI folder to desktop and compress it and post it I will edit it with some fixes.

The card is fine High Sierra is gong through changes now and others have the DisplayPort issue. I’ll look there is a patch for the Vega.

Can you drag your EFI folder to desktop and compress it and post it I will edit it with some fixes.

Man if you can save me from doing a reinstall, I will Be forever in your debt... :)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    21.8 MB · Views: 56
  • iMacAX1200.iojones
    1.3 MB · Views: 131
Try this, and go to bios menu and disable IGPU/IGFX and choose PEG as primary display oupput. I couldn't open the IOregistry, try this version below.

EFI.zip

IORegistryExplorer.zip

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    21.7 MB · Views: 101
  • IORegistryExplorer.zip
    211.5 KB · Views: 78
Try this, and go to bios menu and disable IGPU/IGFX and choose PEG as primary display oupput. I couldn't open the IOregistry, try this version below.

EFI.zip

IORegistryExplorer.zip

Doing it now, one thing I noticed was the card is showing as GFX0@2 it should be 0 or 1 ? But maybe I'm wrong?

Attachments

• iMacAX1200.ioreg
    10.1 MB · Views: 118
Gigamax I tried that , no Luck, Well Im doing a carbon copy as of now, guess Ill have to try a clean install ? Has anyone used the XFX card? seen a lotta sapphires but this was the cheapest Vega64 atm this stupid crypto mining is really pissing me off. was gonna get this card a couple weeks before christmas for $400 less!

Can you drag your EFI folder to desktop and compress it and post it I will edit it with some fixes
nope still low res
I disables the internal intel graphics and selected pciex1 (doesn't say peg on mine)

Check your main partition for EFI Backup folder delete any folder in there if it has settings different from your boot EFI it can cause problems. Every time you install a new versions of clover the old one(s) store there.

Can you drag your EFI folder to desktop and compress it and post it I will edit it with some fixes

Check your main partition for EFI Backup folder delete any folder in there if it has settings different from your boot EFI it can cause problems. Every time you install a new versions of clover the old one(s) store there.

I deleted all EFI backups, and I did manage to get the 13.3 update to install, figured it might kick it right but no luck? Im totally baffled by this .. Laughable some people just pop it in and voila its golden, not this guy, not this guy LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back