Contribute
Register

Vega Frontier Edition on High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want to share I was able to get VEGA working 100% on X99 as well. I grabbed the EFI folder from another user, and it worked without any issues on all ports. Must have been something in my configuration! All ports working. No IGPU needed. Full acceleration.

Can you share this EFI folder here please? I have issue with Frontier Edition sleep/wake, 2nd DP port not work (other 3 is ok) and even with Unigine benchmark running :(

I am stuck Got the Vega 64 XFX edition today Pulled my Titan Crad and plopped it in after 1st disabling the web drivers in clover and adding the lily and whatever green to my kexts/other folder. It works and is reporting properly in sys info but can't get better than 1280x800 resolution.. Ive tried deleting the Lilu and whatever green kexts to see if I could be a luck OOB user but no such luck? Ive changed my identifier from 17,1 to 18,3 but nothing seem to change my resolutions.. Only thing thats really different at boot is taking 2-3 seconds longer to get to the login screen but nothing major ? Im on my gigabyte GA-Z170X-G7 board w/ 6700k i7 / 16 gigs ram.. I am running dual 30" displays and only the cdmi port seems to be working not any of the display ports ?
One other thing Ive seen that CSM support must be disabled in the bios but its no longer in my bios with the latest bios update I got from gigabyte? its not in my drivers64UEFI folder with but just saying .... Could really use some brain power here. Thanks in advance for any possible help

Try to remove the Nvidia drivers from L/Extensions and or S/L/Extensions folder.

In clover use clover configurator to check GUI section for resolution setting.

Ive Deleted everything Hal drivers Geforceweb anything remotltley Nvidia still the same except now its taking 3x longer to boot with the same resolution? I set the GUI in clover to 2560x1600 but it didn't seem to change? I don't see any ATI or AMD drivers in the extensions folder? should there be ?

***Edit***, Found the Radion Kexts in the S/L/E folder so they are there? What If I moved one to the Clover EFI ?

Last edited:
Ive Deleted everything Hal drivers Geforceweb anything remotltley Nvidia still the same except now its taking 3x longer to boot with the same resolution? I set the GUI in clover to 2560x1600 but it didn't seem to change? I don't see any ATI or AMD drivers in the extensions folder? should there be ?

***Edit***, Found the Radion Kexts in the S/L/E folder so they are there? What If I moved one to the Clover EFI ?

Not necessary for the AMD kexts when you load the web drivers they sometimes go into library/Extensions folder.

Not necessary for the AMD kexts when you load the web drivers they sometimes go into library/Extensions folder.

Load the nvidia web drivers? or is there an AMD web driver? I tried downloading the new 13.3 update but its saying it can't install ?
Maybe its just needing a fresh install, I really don't wanna do it again :(

Load the nvidia web drivers? or is there an AMD web driver? I tried downloading the new 13.3 update but its saying it can't install ?
Maybe its just needing a fresh install, I really don't wanna do it again :(

I’m sorry, when you download the Nvidia web drivers it places them in the Library/extensions folder. The AMD Kexts are native and don’t need any fixing. Try lilukext and Whatevergreen kext in Clover Kexts other folder. They may help.

Gigamax I tried that , no Luck, Well Im doing a carbon copy as of now, guess Ill have to try a clean install ? Has anyone used the XFX card? seen a lotta sapphires but this was the cheapest Vega64 atm this stupid crypto mining is really pissing me off. was gonna get this card a couple weeks before christmas for $400 less!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back