Contribute
Register

Vega Frontier Edition on High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I missed that from your last post. I guess we need to upgrade to 10.13.2 to get the full benefit.

High Sierra beta 10.13.2 is kicking butt for the Vega 64. Check out these benches, we finally got Uingine Valley to work in ExtremeHD with anti-aliasing enabled. Still could use more open GL improvements but my Open Cl is at Windows 10 levels.

A huge improvement over 10.13.0. No Whatevergreenkext or lilukext being used, this is RX Vega 64 with IGPU disabled.

13.2 benches.png

I am probably not the only one happy about seeing Vega cards getting some love this early in High Sierra.

Thank you for keeping us updated with the progress.

Nice, I could replace my R9 280X which has been working nicely for a long time, but is starting to get a little limiting. I saw a couple Vega 56 cards on newegg the other day for $400, too. Maybe the price gouging is finally over. Probably wait for 10.13.2 public release, or maybe 10.13.3.

Nice, I could replace my R9 280X which has been working nicely for a long time, but is starting to get a little limiting. I saw a couple Vega 56 cards on newegg the other day for $400, too. Maybe the price gouging is finally over. Probably wait for 10.13.2 public release, or maybe 10.13.3.

Its great even has native audio through the card.

Sady I can't get Adobe AE to use GPU acceleration. :(

Sady I can't get Adobe AE to use GPU acceleration. :(

Have you tried igpu partial support? Set bios dvmt allocation 64 mb enable multi screen,and set peg as primary display output.

Thanks Gigamaxx for all your feedbacks, if I rebuild a new hack I will probably buy one of those beauty !

Have you tried igpu partial support? Set bios dvmt allocation 64 mb enable multi screen,and set peg as primary display output.
Do you need to set certain flags and igpu platform patch? I tried enabling my hd4600 (haswell) and my desktop would black screen on boot

Do you need to set certain flags and igpu platform patch? I tried enabling my hd4600 (haswell) and my desktop would black screen on boot

Yes, you would want to use the fake ID 0x04128086, ig 0x0d220003 or what ever fix for your HD graphics setup.

@dashingncool 10.13.2 Beta 3 just dropped, curious to see if Vega performance is even better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back