Not open for further replies.

qbe

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
when I add whatevergreen kext or vegafixup kext, FCPX direct export to h.264 through compressor template freezes the computer

when i run without these kexts, export is fine

i do need one of those kexts to have display port working (4k screen) and dual screen setup (with hdmi HD screen)

is there any other way to get Vega to work on display port and dual screen without these kexts?

Last edited:
updated/rewrote the whole post upon new information

Yeah, I'm seeing the same - without VegaFixup my RX580 won't output 5K resolutions properly - with VegaFixup it hangs the entire UI whenever I open Photos (there's a bunch of messages to the console about DumpGPURestart and IOAccelEvents).

i looked in your other thread before, i dont see these messages (dumpgpurestart... do you see that in some particular part of console, no messages for me in regular)

i get very rare hangs in fcpx and i work on it whole day long and i see the gpu is used a lot (some little glitches, but no hangups etc)... its only the h264 export which always hang the ui when i use VegaFixUp/WEG

when you use hdmi, do you have these hangs?

Last edited:
when you use hdmi, do you have these hangs?
I don't use HDMI at all with this build, sorry. It's dual DisplayPort connections for me, routed via an Alpine Ridge into a single ThunderBolt 3 cable.

i dont use it either, as it doesnt allow for 4k screen, but knowing that with hdmi the build and gpu works fine is a confirmation, the problem lies in those kexts, so basicaly hw is fine, i just have to wait for newer versions of macOS or kexts, as im not so advanced user to dig deep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back