Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte B250 HD3P
CPU
i5-7500
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Hi!

my Vega 64 (Gigabyte, Silver edition) makes coil whine noises everytime something gets rendered on screen - so, everytime i do something, which is really annoying. gpu tach shows full load blinking.
in windows 10 everything works fine, no coil whine, working gpu tach..

also, 144hz option is only present after i turn my monitor off and on again.
any ideas?

<- noise

since last year and many updates, i am now runing mojave pb 9 - 144hz is fixed since a while, but the noise and gpu tach flickering is still present and annoying
make any progress on coil whine? what SMBIOS did you pick for your hackintosh? how did you fix the GPU fans from spinning up during boot?

I tried 3 Vegas 64. All of them had coil whine. Is there any1 with Vega without coil whine ?

I was told the nitro+ is the most compatible but I don't have one to test. Other option is to under-clock and under-volt to get rid of coil whine.

I unterclock my Nitro, no coil whine but Performance was like the rx 590; 150k Geekbench score

I unterclock my Nitro, no coil whine but Performance was like the rx 590; 150k Geekbench score
Can you post what settings you used? I'd rather have low performance and zero noise. I use W10 for gaming anyway.

clockspeed 1350 MHz on p6

I used VgTab for edit

Last edited:
I have the same problem.
In Windows 10 it's complelty silent but in mojave 10.14.2 it's coil whining even when it's idle.

I am using 100 hz but 60 Hz it's also whining.
My setting is imac pro 1,1

Hi!

my Vega 64 (Gigabyte, Silver edition) makes coil whine noises everytime something gets rendered on screen - so, everytime i do something, which is really annoying. gpu tach shows full load blinking.
in windows 10 everything works fine, no coil whine, working gpu tach..

also, 144hz option is only present after i turn my monitor off and on again.
any ideas?

<- noise

Hi,
My Vega 64(Powercooler Red Devil) also has the same problem.
Did you solve?
The blinking red LED stops when I access the Netflix site in my case.
I do not know why to solve it ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back