i7-980
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I am trying to do a fresh installation of Mojave on my system. For some reason my Sapphire Vega 64 will not display correctly after apple loading screen.

I've tried different outputs and monitors. It only shows a small box and partial screen. Makes it impossible to set up new system. I have included photos of what it looks like. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_20190128_184848.jpg
    IMG_20190128_184848.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 228
  • IMG_20190128_184853.jpg
    IMG_20190128_184853.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 214
I enabled the CPUs graphics first time around and got it working ish. Made it to boot screen and had to switch to my Vega. After all that I couldn't get Clover to install. Not sure if it's all related but the problems are starting with my graphics. I'll try again with the iGPU.

I enabled the CPUs graphics first time around and got it working ish. Made it to boot screen and had to switch to my Vega. After all that I couldn't get Clover to install. Not sure if it's all related but the problems are starting with my graphics. I'll try again with the iGPU.
  • Try uploading your CLOVER from the Mojave USB Installer Disks's hidden EFI as a zipped file and the BIOS Peripherals Screen shot [to show_Initial Display output:] and Chipset Screen shots [to Show : Internal Graphics, DVMT -Pre Allocated and DVMT Total GFX Mem] for clues to the problem

• Try uploading your CLOVER from the Mojave USB Installer Disks's hidden EFI as a zipped file and the BIOS Peripherals Screen shot [to show_Initial Display output:] and Chipset Screen shots [to Show : Internal Graphics, DVMT -Pre Allocated and DVMT Total GFX Mem] for clues to the problem

Not sure I understand how to upload clover. Do I mount the efi and then copy it into a zip? Here is my bios. I took pictures with my phone.

Attachments

• IMG_20190129_145526.jpg
    IMG_20190129_145526.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 210
  • IMG_20190129_145518.jpg
    IMG_20190129_145518.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 203
I can get installation going with igpu and then after that install lilu and whatevergreen from another drive, then switch to Vega card and complete setup.

For some reason after all that work I can't install clover. Keeps failing. I never had these problems before...

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 196
I was messing with everything a bunch and ended up trying to boot again and some how -v and -x got me into setup and it worked. Now the problem is Multibeast is failing. Clover is failing. I can't get a bootloader installed...

Some how clover finally installed after a few reboots. Now not all my ports are working. I need all 3 DP ports and my HDMI. They were working fine on 10.14.2, is it possibly the update has buggy drivers for my Vega card? Anyone else run 4 monitors?

This is frustrating! I bought my Vega 64 because it's supposed to be the most compatible I already installed lilu and whatevergreen etc. What the heck!?

Figured it out. Disabling CSM Support fixes it.... Mostly. Seem to still have some HDMI issues. Flickering and drop outs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back