CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Hi guys,

Im about to pull my hair out and hoping someone can offer some advice.

Been a month now trying to get this build to work.

Right now any time I start Battlefield 5 it will run in windowed, but as soon as I enter full screen it crashes. No error logs given, no black screen, just instant crash. To me that seems like a PSU shutdown?

The GPU is Sapphire vega 64

The PSU is Aerocool P7 750W

I am considering buying a 850W P7 just to see, but dont want to have to completely dissasemble the build to send back all the cables etc.

Ive tried different GPU drivers, ive tried undervolting, power saving, etc in Radeon Wattman.

Any other advice will be greatly appreciated and result in me keeping my hair.

forgot to mention, furmark runs fine, in high res, so does BruceX and getting 19 sec on that! the mac side is working stable but slow. Then running battlefield causes instant crash. Rendering in FCPX is slower than my macbook :( despite the fast Bruce X test... so atm ive spend £3000 on a slow laptop. infuriating.

Please fix your profile as per rules.

Sorry how do you mean???
According to your profile you have a GTX 1080 Ti and yet your thread is about problems with a Vega 64.

Hi guys,

Im about to pull my hair out and hoping someone can offer some advice.

Been a month now trying to get this build to work.

Right now any time I start Battlefield 5 it will run in windowed, but as soon as I enter full screen it crashes. No error logs given, no black screen, just instant crash. To me that seems like a PSU shutdown?

The GPU is Sapphire vega 64

The PSU is Aerocool P7 750W

I am considering buying a 850W P7 just to see, but dont want to have to completely dissasemble the build to send back all the cables etc.

Ive tried different GPU drivers, ive tried undervolting, power saving, etc in Radeon Wattman.

Any other advice will be greatly appreciated and result in me keeping my hair.

What are temperatures like on your Vega? Have you considered replacing the stock thermal compound with something better?

What are temperatures like on your Vega? Have you considered replacing the stock thermal compound with something better?

Pretty cool really, 20 idle, 60 under load...

Thermal paste in the gpu or on the cpu??

Pretty cool really, 20 idle, 60 under load...

Thermal paste in the gpu or on the cpu??

On the GPU. A friend of mine was experiencing unexplained system crashes when watching videos and replacing the thermal compound on his Vega fixed everything.

On the GPU. A friend of mine was experiencing unexplained system crashes when watching videos and replacing the thermal compound on his Vega fixed everything.

ok, pretty new to all this so no idea where I would find the thermal paste?

Any ideas if it would be related to the 750w psu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back