Contribute
Register

Vega 64 crashing after 10 minutes of gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GigaByte Z390 UD Rev 1.1
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 5500 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I got my system using the Vega 64 and i7-8700k and when I finally tried gaming it was crashing in around 10 minutes.

I've tried 3 different times on 3 different days.

It seems to be fine. I get 40-60fps smooth as silk. the fans sp[in up a bit, but not real high, then bam! crashola. This last time it recovered, but Steam crashed and the game seemed to crash (Cities: Skylines) but I could hear the game music still playing.

Intel Power gadget was looking fine, except the top chart was almost off the chart (Power Chart).

Is there an AMD Gadget or something so I can monitor my Vega 64 while gaming?

I'm using 10.13.4, Unibeast 8.2, and only the PMHeart patch, plus basic UEFI from multibeast 10.2. Oh, and E2200 driver for my Killer NIC. I have a USB audio (Sabrent AU-MM8A) that was recommended in another (several other) threads.

Everything seem to work fine for gaming. Even QuickTime Player for video capture. Even my M.2 x4 SSD was recognized so I used it for this install and move my Windows 10 pro to a sata III SSD.

But anyway, is there a Vega 64 monitoring program available anywhere for 10.13.4?

Thanks for any help
-=Mark=-

Same game crashing? It must NOT be your System / GPU can also be the game (bug) itself.
Only if all games / gpu benches made crash after few minutes THEN there is an bug / problem (temp) with your system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back