- Nov 18, 2009
- Z370N WIFI
- Core i7 8700K
- Radeon RX Vega 56
- Classic Mac
- Mobile Phone
Valve put out specs for it's Steam Machine initiative- providing test hardware for 300 beta testers of SteamOS-centric computer builds. The specs will be as follows:
- The GPU will be either an NVidia Titan, GTX 780, GTX760, or older GTX 660 (Valve will mix it up).
- CPU duties will be handled by Intel INTC +0.93% Core i7-4770, with some boxes packing Haswell Core i5 or Core i3.
- Every system will boast 16GB of DDR3-1600MHz RAM.
- For storage, Valve lists a “1TB/8GB Hybrid SSHD” which sounds exactly like Seagate’s Hybrid SSD I previewed earlier this year.
- The power supply consists of a 450W 80Plus gold PSU.
- Finally, the custom enclosure measures approx. 12 x 12.4 x 2.9 in high
So Valve will be going NVIDIA instead of AMD GPU. And Intel instead of AMD CPU. Sounds like a recommended mini-ITX Haswell based CustoMac build.