Contribute
Register

v310's First Build: Core i7-3770K - GA-Z77N-WIFI - 16GB RAM - GTX 660Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put together my build tonite, very similar to the v310s. used a pair of 256GB M4 drives for Windows/OSX.

Few suggestions, ideas, tips to follow:

1. Corsair 650W power supply takes up the entire BitFenix PSU bay, and makes your cable runs look horrible. Definitely look for a smaller PSU and one with 100% removable cable runs. I am not using any of the ATA and misc cables at all.

2. Install the USB drive in a USB 2.0 slot. The OS will not load/boot to your USB disk and you will receive an error abut AppleBluetooth and you'll see the install stall out.

3. Turn off vt-d. This is another problem that arises when you attempt to install. Will not work.

4. Utter lack of Case fan ports on this motherboard. You'll have to do some creative wiring to get your front/rear case fans working.

5. Take the stupid USB drive out when you are done installing. Else it will hang again.

6. Initial Install, do not plug in the Ethernet jacks or the install will hang.

7. RTFM about installing the right boot loader on your OS drive. Or else you will spend another 30min reinstalling the bloody OS.

I made a mistake and ordered two of these mini wifi cards that work in the Hackintosh and I don't need them both. If someone wants the other one that I have I will give it to them. You have to pay for shipping from Arizona however.

Is that the mini pcie wifi module?

I upgraded MultiBeast to 5.3. Used the same selection as post #1 and all is well. Ran the speed test and things are a tiny bit slower. Could be nothing.

Noticed a new customization called SSDT that looks like it could apply to us. It has to do with our processors. (sandy bridge cores) Has anyone ever tried them? I never noticed them before.

Is your system still over locking using multibeast 3.5? i lost my oc when i did a fresh install on a dual raid 0 volume using multibeast 3.5 and Mountain Lion 10.8.3

The overclocking is done through the BIOS setup. It is easy to get back. Just hit the DELETE key when your computer starts up. It will take you to the BIOS setup screens.

Overclocking has nothing to do with Multibeast or the Mac OS.

My speeds are still great. I have never had a stability problem.

"Noticed a new customization called SSDT that looks like it could apply to us. It has to do with our processors. (sandy bridge cores) Has anyone ever tried them? I never noticed them before." - As Stork pointed out, this (SSDT) does not apply to us.

Ok, here's a question: if you do replace the mini PCI card with the (OS X compatible) Atheros one, do you actually have to attach those ridiculous looking wired rubber ear things that come with the motherboard in order for wi-fi to work properly?

Or just buy a different wifi antenna if you please, but yes, you will need something... though i think the one that you're talking about actually comes with small antennas...

Updated to 10.8.4 without any trouble. Did the Combo Update.

Had to reinstall the sound driver and Trim.

Performance according to Nova is about the same. A little faster on the graphics.

I am still rocking this rig. Moved from Clover to OpenCore. If anyone needs a working EFI, let me know.

I am still rocking this rig. Moved from Clover to OpenCore. If anyone needs a working EFI, let me know.
Post here if possible- I have the 7 Series CustoMac Mini running Big Sur- H77N-WIFI :headbang:

I am honored! I will post there. It will be version that will need its own system IDs.

Post here if possible- I have the 7 Series CustoMac Mini running Big Sur- H77N-WIFI :headbang:

I haven't updated to Big Sur yet. Any issues? (I am not expecting any)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back