Contribute
Register

v310's First Build: Core i7-3770K - GA-Z77N-WIFI - 16GB RAM - GTX 660Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have any problems connecting to the internet? I was able to last night when i got the system to boot, but now no such luck.

I had this happen to me one time and it was when I closed out of Windows improperly and then tried to boot into Mountain Lion. I closed out and reopened Windows and it brought that screen up that says do you want to open Windows in Safe mode and I just logged in normally and then closed out of Windows properly. I then went back into ML and internet worked fine.

I tried deleting the two kexts (I moved them to the desktop), changed to 5,1, then restarted. Got the Kernel panic. Started back up with -x then checked the Extension folder. The two files were back! Went back to 3,1 and things are back as they were.

Strange that I can't get 5,1 to work.

No biggie, just strange.

Hi v310

Im building same rig I7 3770K and GA Z77N board. Quick question is the mobo could overclock?
Whats the max?

Yes, it is possible to OC. Currently, I'm running @ 4.3Ghz (pretty stable). I'm not sure about the max. values but I heard that at 4.4 the bios crashes and you will have to reset the configuration using the on-board jumper.

I tried deleting the two kexts (I moved them to the desktop), changed to 5,1, then restarted. Got the Kernel panic. Started back up with -x then checked the Extension folder. The two files were back! Went back to 3,1 and things are back as they were.

Strange that I can't get 5,1 to work.

No biggie, just strange.

First of all, Set the 5,1. Then delete the files, then boot the machine ;)

Do you have any problems connecting to the internet? I was able to last night when i got the system to boot, but now no such luck.

Working properly here (both wired and wireless) :)

Yes, it is possible to OC. Currently, I'm running @ 4.3Ghz (pretty stable). I'm not sure about the max. values but I heard that at 4.4 the bios crashes and you will have to reset the configuration using the on-board jumper.

Oh ok not bad 4.2 or 4.3 is good enough. Voltage range?
Im a noob learning im just waiting for rest of parts for build.

Oh ok not bad 4.2 or 4.3 is good enough. Voltage range?
Im a noob learning im just waiting for rest of parts for build.

Unfortunately, there is no voltage control on this board. That is the main reason for the OC limit.

Got it working. All it took was restarting it. Thanks again for all the help. Without this thread I wouldn't have been able to do it.

First of all, Set the 5,1. Then delete the files, then boot the machine ;)

That worked! Thanks!!

The performance boost was nominal though. Maybe I will OC it a little more.

That worked! Thanks!!

The performance boost was nominal though. Maybe I will OC it a little more.

Just set your multiplier to any number below 4.5 and you will be fine :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back