Contribute
Register

v310's First Build: Core i7-3770K - GA-Z77N-WIFI - 16GB RAM - GTX 660Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will give it a try later. I have a different brand card. We can compare results.

I will give it a try later. I have a different brand card. We can compare results.

I suggest you to remove nvidia retail drivers before updating

No problems with the update. I am going to have to re-enable sounds but the computer started right back up.

The only thing I did differently is that I changed my computer from 5.3 to 5,1. I will report back when I have everything going.

Reinstalled the audio driver. Sound works.

It says I need a CUDA update which apparently doesn't exist.

Going to run some speed tests.

Sleep did work! I put it to sleep, waited 10 seconds. Started it back up.

The keyboard and mouse didn't work. I unplugged them (2.0) and re-plugged them and everything worked again. I plugged the USB into the USB(3.0) port and will see if that makes things better.

My Nova score is a little better in general

1645 vs 1669

10.8.2 10.8.3
Ram 230 231
CPU 971 1019 (!)
Gr 404 389 (wrong way)
HW 40 30 (wrong way. I am going to get a faster one)

I will run it again.

No problems with the update. I am going to have to re-enable sounds but the computer started right back up.

The only thing I did differently is that I changed my computer from 5.3 to 5,1. I will report back when I have everything going.

I don't know what else to do. I started from scratch, erased my sdd and installed 10.8.3 using Unibeast. Everything went fine, then I installed the GTX 660ti again and got the same error. Looks like this build does not like my card :thumbdown:

So sorry. Is the Graphics in the off position? (I forgot what we had to do in Multi at startup.) Check all the settings again.

Put your BIOS at a slower speed? Slow down the Ram and processor to see if you can get it running?

I tried sleep again. (USB 3.0) This time my music kept playing but the screen did not come back on.

I am going to try sleep again. USB 2.0

I don't know what else to do. I started from scratch, erased my sdd and installed 10.8.3 using Unibeast. Everything went fine, then I installed the GTX 660ti again and got the same error. Looks like this build does not like my card :thumbdown:

Bad news :S
Hope some expert user helps you.

Try default settings on bios, without overclock. MacPro 3.1 also seems better than 5.1

So sorry. Is the Graphics in the off position? (I forgot what we had to do in Multi at startup.) Check all the settings again.

Put your BIOS at a slower speed? Slow down the Ram and processor to see if you can get it running?

I tried sleep again. (USB 3.0) This time my music kept playing but the screen did not come back on.

I am going to try sleep again. USB 2.0

Yeap, GraphicsEnable=0. I also tried to setup my processor to 3.5 and the memory to 1600. Nothing seems to fix this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back