Contribute
Register

UtterDisbelief’s Comet Lake ITX: ASRock B560M-ITX/ac - i3-10320 - 32GB DDR4 - GT710 2GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you guys. I have successfully installed macOS with the specs in my forum name.

Some questions,

1. My hackintosh doesn't detect my GPU which is AMD Radeon RX 6600. maybe that's the reason why my graphics is kinda slow moving when I hover to X,Y screen spot. I'm unsure though. Apple icon>About>Graphics say 7mb

2. Since I don't have WINDOWS anymore, where and how can I edit my config.plist in my USB?

3. My WiFi is not working. I'm connected via Ethernet cable only.

Thank you.

1) I believe the RX 6600 will only work from Monterey 12.1 onwards along with an agdpmod=pikera boot command.

2) Well, as you have booting macOS system, albeit with poor graphics, you can use that? (Keep a back-up bootable USB memory stick to allow you to boot the system if anything goes wrong with your testing).

3) Intel wi-fi works on this motherboard but you will need the latest version of itlwm.kext and edit your SSID details into the Info.plist.

:)

UtterDisbelief: a quick question. I'm going to be upgrading my current Haswell build to a Gigabyte GA-B560m-DS3H with a Comet Lake i5 10400f. Do you think that it will be necessary to spoof the CPU since I'm not going to be using internal graphics? If so, what value to you recommend? Thanks in advance because I used your EFI to help me understand Opencore and get 0.8.4 up and running on my Haswell build prior to upgrading the hardware.

UtterDisbelief: a quick question. I'm going to be upgrading my current Haswell build to a Gigabyte GA-B560m-DS3H with a Comet Lake i5 10400f. Do you think that it will be necessary to spoof the CPU since I'm not going to be using internal graphics? If so, what value to you recommend? Thanks in advance because I used your EFI to help me understand Opencore and get 0.8.4 up and running on my Haswell build prior to upgrading the hardware.

Quick answer:

It will depend on which version of macOS you are going to use and the sys-def. For Big Sur on you should not need to spoof anything. For earlier I'd go Coffee Lake or Kaby Lake. (CPUID = EA060900 or E9060900).

:thumbup:

It will depend on which version of macOS you are going to use and the sys-def. For Big Sur on you should not need to spoof anything. For earlier I'd go Coffee Lake or Kaby Lake. (CPUID = EA060900 or E9060900).
Thanks so much! I'm running Monterey and I'm going to use the iMac20,1 sys-def that Dortania recommends for the Comet Lake i5 series.

Utterdisbelief:

Here's my issue. Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-B560m-DS3H V2, CPU - i5 10400f, RX-460, Opencore 0.8.4. I have no working USB ports, which was why the USB installer I created on my working Haswell Monterey computer always crapped out with the infamous "waiting for root device" error.

I am able to boot Monterey on the new hack because I cloned my working drive on my Haswell Hackintosh also running Opencore 0.8.4. None of the "waiting for root device" fixes I've tried worked. :( And believe me, I've tried a lot of them. I've attached my config.plist just in case it might help me not to pull out my remaining hair. :) Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Tom

Attachments

• Config.plist
    30 KB · Views: 29
I am in business! :) I found an B560m EFI on Insanely Mac that got my USB ports working so that I can sort out any remaining issues and figure out what I was doing wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back