Contribute
Register

UtterDisbelief 20 ITX - Gigabyte Z590i, i5-10600K, 32GB, RX560

First of all I would like to thank you for responding to my post. I followed you instructions and now my installation USB is stopping at the line listed below. Please note, the AirportItiwm.kext i was using is v2.2.0 (the latest version).
I went over the BIOS settings again to no avail, this got me stumped. I'm still researching and will respond if I cannot find a fix.

Hi @rkwallace,

As I too have a Gigabyte Z590I board, I thought to give a helping hand also, so I had a look at your EFI setup and made a number of observations and corrections.

1) First of all I noticed you did not have your Intel UHD 630 IGPU settings set properly. Not having npci=0x2000 in the boot-arg and no IGPU device properties in the PCI device list means the system will not detect your GPUs at all, so I've added those in for you to the config.

2) Incorrect pointer settings, your mouse pointer was set to ASUS under UEFI > Input > PointerSupportMode.
This was probably what gave you the invalid pointer error earlier. It should be empty.

3) Lack of required APCI settings and ACPI/kernel patches. You only had about 3 ACPI tables added when it requires about 14 tables to boot Ventura on the Z590I, so I've added those in for you also.

4) Empty ROM value under Platform Info > Generic ROM. Without a correct ROM value your system cannot boot.
I have temporarlly added 11 22 33 44 66 as the value, but it either needs to be generated.

5) Required drivers, tools and resources folder missing. OpenCanopy was installed but disabled meaning you couldn't use the boot selector properly, and your Tools selection only had CleanNVRAM.efi and no OpenShell.efi either. ResetNVRAM was also missing and is actually the tool you need for proper cache clearing for the EFI, not CleanNVRAM. The Reset function differs from the Clean one.

So anyways I've made all the corrections above for you. The platform is now set to use iMac20,2. Hopefully it should boot Ventura okay.
I changed to an Intel i5-10600K CPU and working with that now.

I would like to thank you for your suggestions. I truly appreciate you explaining all the changes involved. It took me awhile to get back because I wanted to go through them all and understand what was taking place instead of just dropping in the corrected EFI.

Almost everything worked. I did get Ventura OS installed. However, I had one issue. If you look at the attached picsy you will notice the color is off. Actually its worst than the pics. I'm using a XFX Radeon RX580 (8gb) graphics card. I know its not a defect of the graphics card since this only occurs with this EFI and not others. Also, it works perfectly in Windows. Please note, this CPU does not have an iGPU. Any other suggestions is appreciated.
Okay that's great!

As for the colour shift, that's because XFX cards have generally been problematic for hackintosh due to their custom BIOS setup. To get the XFX RX580 to display the colours properly on macOS you'll need to flash its VBIOS to a Powercolor BIOS or get a different card like a RX6600.

I changed to an Intel i5-10600K CPU and working with that now.
Right. Well you'll be glad to know the EFI I'd posted for you actually has the Intel IGPU and Kernel CPUID settings for the 10600K.

Okay that’s good news, I’ll just replace it with my MSI Card.

Right, and if you are using a different card like Navi 10/20/21 you may need to add in extra settings for the NVRAM boot-arg like agdpmod=pikera

Right, and if you are using a different card like Navi 10/20/21 you may need to add in extra settings for the NVRAM boot-arg like agdpmod=pikera
I just bought a Powercolor RX580 Red Devil off Ebay. Gonna see how that works out.

Hello, I bought this same motherboard for a project I'm building. I used the EFI folder provided, and it got everything working. To my dismay, I'm finding out the integrated GPU graphics don't work with any acceleration. That's a deal breaker as the case I'm using won't fit a graphics card. Is there no solution?

Hello, I bought this same motherboard for a project I'm building. I used the efi folder provided and it got everything working. To my dismay I'm finding out the integrated GPU graphics don't work with any acceleration. That's a deal breaker as the case I'm using won't fit a graphics card. Is there no solution?
nope, you will need to use an AMD card that is compatible

Back