Contribute
Register

UtterDisbelief 11 - Skylake H170M-D3H Intel i3 6300 3.8ghz EVGA GT740 SC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello :)

Sounds unusual. Perhaps you can put details of your build in your profile so we can see what components and version of OS X you have?

As long as the BIOS sees the SSD and you've formatted it in a way OS X can read it, all should be ok. Unless you have a cable fault?
I somehow managed to find and boot it after all. Right now I'm running a very smooth 10.11.5

Thanks to you :D

Update #2

Another update that is worth a fresh post rather than just an edit.

Remaining items to sort were:

1) USB port checking
2) Instant wake-from-sleep. A couple of seconds after going to sleep the Hack' woke again.
3) CPU Power management
4) Continuity and Handoff not 100%
5) DRM video not playing.

Work done:

1) As I mentioned at the end of the first post, like most builders I used the USB 15 to 30 port patch to get through the installation process. The USB port check needed doing and the patch removing. I have now completed this.

Read @ammulder 's guide because it is actually straightforward and logical when you get to grips with it, although it looks daunting to start with. For my Gigabyte motherboard I worked through the ports with both USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 memory sticks, writing down which port it was and the port number associated with it, as instructed. I didn't need them all which is fine because the aim is to keep to the 15 limit. Anything over this and you have to disable them. My case uses one of the USB3 motherboard headers, F_USB3_1, with a 30-pin connector so I ignored the second header as I don't use it.

My Apple combo Wireless/Bluetooth card uses a USB 2.0 motherboard header and showed-up clearly in IORegistryExplorer. For reference it was on HS10 which was header F_USB1. Apart from the case USB 3.0 ports I was using no other motherboard headers. Keyboard and mouse USB (above the PS/2 socket) are HS13 and HS14.

So once the job was finished I was only using ports: HS01-HS06, HS10, HS13-HS14, SS01-SS06 which totals the required limit of 15.

I compiled my *.aml binary and installed it in the CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder, then rebooted and checked the settings again with IORegistryExplorer. All is as intended. The USB port patch could now be removed.

This is neatly linked to...

2) Instant wake from sleep. I suspected this was caused by the USB connection to the card because with the original TP-Link WiFi card and separate Belkin BT dongle, sleep worked fine. With the genuine Apple combo card installed it didn't. Once the HS10 motherboard header port mentioned above was set to "255" (not "0" or "3") during the checking, sleep and wake is now working as it should.

3) While we are on the subject of ACPI patches, include the pre-complied SSDT for the i3-6300 processor, courtesy of Ammulder's guide. See link below. This ensures the correct CPU power management.

4) Continuity and handoff were working , along with iMessage and Facetime after the excellent guide by @P1LGRIM I mentioned previously. I hadn't been able to make a desktop phone call via my iPhone though, but once the above USB port configuration was done and a sign-out and sign back in from iCloud, it now works perfectly. Not completely sure whether this was due to removal of the 15-30 port patch or me changing system definition to MacPro3,1 and back to iMac17,1 during testing of the DRM video issue ...

5) I tried curing the DRM video issue with the recommended Shiki kext, something apparently designed for another job but which is meant to help. No go, I'm afraid. I still can't play DRM iTunes video. I've tried onboard graphics instead of my discrete GPU, I've changed from DVI to HDMI cables on both GPUs but nothing will let me play my bought DRM video.

So I am just about complete now. The only thing that still isn't working when compared with my real Mac Mini is the DRM video.

:)

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/10-11-0-10-11-3-skylake-starter-guide.179221/

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-imessage.196827/

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/itunes-video-black-screen-solution.195083/#post-1268637

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-el-capitan-on-the-skylake-h170n-wifi.178197/#SSDT

Last edited:
Before that nothing apologize for my bad English, not my native language.:crazy:

Great work the his, me has helped from beginning to end, I'm very grateful with you :clap:
I am now running a beautiful Hackintosh soft as silk where until now everything works normally.:headbang:

But you have a question, ¿know as activate the audio hdmi from a Geforce GT520?

Before that nothing apologize for my bad English, not my native language.:crazy:

Great work the his, me has helped from beginning to end, I'm very grateful with you :clap:
I am now running a beautiful Hackintosh soft as silk where until now everything works normally.:headbang:

But you have a question, ¿know as activate the audio hdmi from a Geforce GT520?

I auto answer.

I have found how to operate my card geforce gt520 hdmi audio solution is at the following link.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/audio-hdmi-audio-applehda-guide.143760/

Hi...You were my inspiration to build my first hackintosh using your same mobo and your great guide. So I bought all the components and in few days i will start the building.
I've got a question about continuity and handoff:
Will handoff and continuity work adding a bluetooth dongle to the TL-WDN4800 wi-fi card? if yes, what dongle do you racommend to buy?

waiting for your reply I thank you and I apologize for my not so good english.

T3trapak

Once I had got past no Graphics at boot things were easier. Although a GT740 chipset is meant to be native to OS X the problems I had were caused by me having a model with GDDR5 memory. Moderator SlimJim pointed this out to another poster and that set me on the right road.

Wow. What a fix!

Congratulations on your successful build.

Update #2

Another update that is worth a fresh post rather than just an edit.

Remaining items to sort were:

1) USB port checking
2) Instant wake-from-sleep. A couple of seconds after going to sleep the Hack' woke again.
3) CPU Power management
4) Continuity and Handoff not 100%
5) DRM video not playing.

Work done:

1) As I mentioned at the end of the first post, like most builders I used the USB 15 to 30 port patch to get through the installation process. The USB port check needed doing and the patch removing. I have now completed this.

Read @ammulder 's guide because it is actually straightforward and logical when you get to grips with it, although it looks daunting to start with. For my Gigabyte motherboard I worked through the ports with both USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 memory sticks, writing down which port it was and the port number associated with it, as instructed. I didn't need them all which is fine because the aim is to keep to the 15 limit. Anything over this and you have to disable them. My case uses one of the USB3 motherboard headers, F_USB3_1, with a 30-pin connector so I ignored the second header as I don't use it.

My Apple combo Wireless/Bluetooth card uses a USB 2.0 motherboard header and showed-up clearly in IORegistryExplorer. For reference it was on HS10 which was header F_USB1. Apart from the case USB 3.0 ports I was using no other motherboard headers. Keyboard and mouse USB (above the PS/2 socket) are HS13 and HS14.

So once the job was finished I was only using ports: HS01-HS06, HS10, HS13-HS14, SS01-SS06 which totals the required limit of 15.

I compiled my *.aml binary and installed it in the CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder, then rebooted and checked the settings again with IORegistryExplorer. All is as intended. The USB port patch could now be removed.

This is neatly linked to...

2) Instant wake from sleep. I suspected this was caused by the USB connection to the card because with the original TP-Link WiFi card and separate Belkin BT dongle, sleep worked fine. With the genuine Apple combo card installed it didn't. Once the HS10 motherboard header port mentioned above was set to "255" (not "0" or "3") during the checking, sleep and wake is now working as it should.

3) While we are on the subject of ACPI patches, include the pre-complied SSDT for the i3-6300 processor, courtesy of Ammulder's guide. See link below. This ensures the correct CPU power management.

4) Continuity and handoff were working , along with iMessage and Facetime after the excellent guide by @P1LGRIM I mentioned previously. I hadn't been able to make a desktop phone call via my iPhone though, but once the above USB port configuration was done and a sign-out and sign back in from iCloud, it now works perfectly. Not completely sure whether this was due to removal of the 15-30 port patch or me changing system definition to MacPro3,1 and back to iMac17,1 during testing of the DRM video issue ...

5) I tried curing the DRM video issue with the recommended Shiki kext, something apparently designed for another job but which is meant to help. No go, I'm afraid. I still can't play DRM iTunes video. I've tried onboard graphics instead of my discrete GPU, I've changed from DVI to HDMI cables on both GPUs but nothing will let me play my bought DRM video.

So I am just about complete now. The only thing that still isn't working when compared with my real Mac Mini is the DRM video.

:)

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/10-11-0-10-11-3-skylake-starter-guide.179221/

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-imessage.196827/

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/itunes-video-black-screen-solution.195083/#post-1268637

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-el-capitan-on-the-skylake-h170n-wifi.178197/#SSDT

Could you please share your USB SSDT. :)

Hi. Greatings from Brazil
I made my new setup with i3-6100, H170M-D3H using onboard HDMI video
My system is ready, but I'm with a lot of problems (2 dead USB3, no sound). Searching web, I found this post
With MultiBeast, Ethernet and video is fine.
I tried your tips (Audio = ALC892, for Disk = Intel Generic SATA, under Misc = FakeSMC (no plugins or HW monitor)) but no success.
Will I have to perform a new install from the scratch?
TIA

Hi. Greatings from Brazil
I made my new setup with i3-6100, H170M-D3H using onboard HDMI video
My system is ready, but I'm with a lot of problems (2 dead USB3, no sound). Searching web, I found this post
With MultiBeast, Ethernet and video is fine.
I tried your tips (Audio = ALC892, for Disk = Intel Generic SATA, under Misc = FakeSMC (no plugins or HW monitor)) but no success.
Will I have to perform a new install from the scratch?
TIA
For On Board Sound just run MultiBeast again and install Alc892 once more. I have the same motherboard and I also need to install Alc892 driver twice in order to get the on board sound work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back