Contribute
Register

UtterDisbelief 11 - Skylake H170M-D3H Intel i3 6300 3.8ghz EVGA GT740 SC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two things to report with this build:

1) The wireless/bluetooth adaptor seemed to start failing at the 31-day stage. The 5ghz radio stopped working although it *did* report it was connected to the router. Simply changing over to the 2.4ghz radio connected fine. Checking with Windows 10 had the same results. At the same time the Bluetooth connection to my magic mouse became stuttery and erratic.

To get me back on 5ghz again, I re-insterted the original TP-Link as stated in the original build description and went back to the same Belkin USB BT 4.0 adaptor.

With time to examine the newer pci-e wireless card properly I had an idea. I test fitted it again and noticed that with the backplate bracket in correct alignment with the screw-hole in the case, the teeth of the pci-e slot connector were being pulled up slightly and wondered if this might be causing an intermittent connection and hence the problem. I slackened the screws holding the card circuit-board to the backplate and tightened them again while putting gentle pressure on the bracket so that it was tilted within the holes slightly. Test fitting showed an improvement but not quite flush, so I then resorted to putting a very gentle and slight bend in the bracket itself. Once done and test-fitted again all is seated properly and solidly. What's more the 5ghz radio is now back and working fine.

Lesson learned: Don't take for granted manufacturers get all their tolerances right!

2) Upgraded graphics to a Gigabyte GTX 750ti 2GB single-fan model. Not only is this card much faster than the GT740 originally fitted (although not quite up with the other exotic GTX cards out there!), it is also much quieter. Which came as a pleasant surprise. Having had to use the Nvidia web drivers for the GT 740 card, no configuration was needed.

Last edited:
really nice work, UtterDisbelief :)
I am considering to get the parts from your build and try to do my first hackintosh.

quick question:
have you yet been able to test which USB ports are working?

really nice work, UtterDisbelief :)
I am considering to get the parts from your build and try to do my first hackintosh.

quick question:
have you yet been able to test which USB ports are working?

Hello there. Thanks for the kind words :)

Yes, so far all the actual ports on the motherboard back panel are working as they should. I haven't tested many of the headers on the motherboard except the USB3/USB2 30-pin header which attaches to the top-panel sockets - they also work as they should - and the one connected to the wifi/bt card. That works too.

I mentioned going through each one as per Ammulder's guide, and have made a start, but not finished yet. I haven't found a problem so far.

Good luck with your build and be sure to post it :)

If you find any problems the secret is not to panic and just trawl Tonymacx86 because the answer is more than likely here somewhere !

@UtterDisbelief

Hi, I am using the same motherboard as you. But I can't get the audio to work, 10.11.4 installation using multibeast(8.2.2). Have succeeded installed realtek alc xxx - 100series audio, ALC 892 and optional HD 530 HDMI audio. Now, still no audio output device found.

Plus, I assumed I have installed the 100series audio from multibeast, the Audio HDAS to HDEF rename patch, is no longer necessary.

Is it because I am connecting the pc to my monitor using HDMI cable?

Hi there. For audio I'm using the green jack on the motherboard to speakers.

For installation I added the HDAS to HDEF patch manually in the config.plist using Ammulder's guide, then installed the ALC892 kext from Multibeast. Nothing else. I am using CodecCommander.kext to mend wake from sleep etc.

As I understand it HD530 graphics were not supported until 10.11.5 (?)

I haven't tried HDMI audio yet, sorry.

Hope that helps!

hello UtterDisbelief
I have the same hardware on your motherboard, but I can not run the clover. you could help me with installation of my hackintos?

hardware:

motherboard ga-h170m-d3h

RAM, Kingston DDR4, 2133MHz, 16GB, Non-ECC
KCP421ND8 / 16

Intel Core i5-6500 processor, S-1151, 3.20GHz, Quad-Core, 6MB L3 Cache (6th Generation -. Skylake)

Kingston ssd 240gG SUV300S37A / 240G

not as configuring the bios
not to get into clover parameters options

hello UtterDisbelief
I have the same hardware on your motherboard, but I can not run the clover. you could help me with installation of my hackintos?

hardware:

motherboard ga-h170m-d3h

RAM, Kingston DDR4, 2133MHz, 16GB, Non-ECC
KCP421ND8 / 16

Intel Core i5-6500 processor, S-1151, 3.20GHz, Quad-Core, 6MB L3 Cache (6th Generation -. Skylake)

Kingston ssd 240gG SUV300S37A / 240G

not as configuring the bios
not to get into clover parameters options

Hello Savashmx

I am not sure where your problem is - have you installed OS X yet? What version are you using?

Check your BIOS settings with my guide.

Create the UniBeast USB stick using this:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/u...ported-intel-based-pc.172672/#create_unibeast

Once you have this follow my procedure step-by-step. The only thing you can ignore is the graphics because it looks as though you will be using the HD 530.

There is information on this page about HD 530 graphics which were included from OS X 10.11.4 onwards:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/s...grated-graphics-working-as-of-10-11-4.188891/

If you still cannot install OS X or Clover please let us know how far you get and what the symptoms are.

:)

thanks UtterDisbelief
and achievement install the captain, with the guidance Offers sometonymac(http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/u...pitan-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.172672/)

the problem is when I install clover in the ssd, to restart and run the ssd direct clover gets black screen and does not advance more

(Ok, it is still important to know which graphics system you are using and which version of El Capitan...)

What I would do is to boot your hackintosh using the UniBeast stick. From what you have written it seems as though booting using UniBeast does work (?)

Once you are at the desktop use EFI Mounter v3 to mount both the EFI partition on your USB stick AND the one on your SSD. (Back up the EFI folder on your SSD/EFI partition if you think you might need it again.)

Copy the EFI folder in your USB/EFI partition over (Replace) the one in your SSD/EFI partition.

Reboot your PC without the UniBeast stick. If you have used any command-line arguments before (dark=0 nv_disable=1 etc) with your UniBeast boot, use them again now.

This should get you to a desktop.

Once there, back up the config.plist you will find in the SSD/EFI/EFI/CLOVER folder. After doing that you can modify it using Clover Configurator or your favourite text editor.

Now check graphics and all the necessary patches as per Ammulder's guide.

Hope that helps. Good luck!

:)

thanks for your help, it has served me well
the opertivo system is installed 10.11.5

perform all the steps of your guide omitting these:

From Ammulder's article -
Add the IOAPICs fix if using an installer prior to 10.11.4
Add the USB Port number fix
Add the Audio HDAS to rename HDEF patch (See later - not really Necessary but saves time)
Save

Copy Rehabman's USBInjectAll.kext to the - EFI EFI partition / CLOVER / Kexts / Other folder

Everything is installed well, the only thing that I can not install that is the audio

I do this as you indicate:

The kexts you need to install from MultiBeast are:

Ethernet = IntelMausiEthernet
Sound = ALC892
SATA = Intel SATA

I make no mistake when installing, but still no audio in the system

There agun kext that intale easier?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back