Contribute
Register

UtterDisbelief 11 - Skylake H170M-D3H Intel i3 6300 3.8ghz EVGA GT740 SC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got myself through MultiBeast, before I saw your response.

Currently, I can say the following I HAVE WORKING HACKINTOSH WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!! YOU DA MAN!!!!

Current Problems

1. I haven't done the below stuff yet, because it's confusing me more then MultiBeast did LOL
Using Clover Configurator for final configuration

Mount your EFI partition again. navigate to the EFI/CLOVER folder, right-click on the config.plist and open it this time with Clover Configurator instead of TextEdit.

From here on you can now modify the plist using a more friendly interface.

Settings to use:

SMBIOS - Use Magic Wand icon to set MacPro3,1 and "shake" the serial number buttons to get a fresh one.
BOOT - nvda_drv=1 and dart=0
ACPI - FixShutdown
GRAPHICS - Inject Intel (but NOT Inject Nvidia as this causes the About This Mac to report 0MB memory)

Your manual patches should show in the Kernel and Kext Patches tab.

Save.

Make a back-up copy of the config.plist.

Finally use KextBeast to install the CodecCommander kext from your Desktop into System/Library/Extensions. This mends audio on wake.

2. Graphics are still wonky. I'm running the GTX 960 WindForce 4GB, I installed the drivers, but it wasn't working, I was still getting the horizontal lines, and it wouldn't even stay selected on the nvidia driver, kept defaulting back to the OS X driver. Not sure if that is because I haven't done the above steps. so in the mean time I uninstalled the drivers, but that didn't help either.

Let me know what you think, dumbing it down would be appreciated LOL can't believe I have gotten this far.

What works that I can tell;

OSX (obviously)
USB 3/ USB 2
Audio on my digital headset which is all I care about
Internet

haven't tested anything else.

Graphics need to get fixed, cause I use mac for video editing, those horizontal lines will drive me crazy.

Well I wait to hear back from you, I am gonna see if I can get logged back into my windows LOL

OK, so for the clover stuff that I listed above. Am I mounting the EFI on the hackintosh drive, and making the changes in there? Or am I mounting the EFI from the flash drive?

I'm thinking this is a stupid question, and the answer is the hackintosh drive, but still I ask lol

OK, so for the clover stuff that I listed above. Am I mounting the EFI on the hackintosh drive, and making the changes in there? Or am I mounting the EFI from the flash drive?

I'm thinking this is a stupid question, and the answer is the hackintosh drive, but still I ask lol

Glad you are up and running ok.

From the way you describe it with a flickering display you are still running without accelerated graphics.

Don't worry about what the Nvidia drivers tell you is running. I have the same issue. The panel always tells me I'm using the OS X driver. (This has been mentioned by other builders on different machines). As long as your System Preferences now has a Nvidia icon the drivers should be on the system and installed.

It sounds like you need the acceleration "turning on". Check your command-line in Clover Options at boot. Remember the dark=0 line? Have you changed the "nv_disable=1" to "nvda_drv=1" (without quotation marks) ? If so check your spelling and space etc between it and dark=0? Basically this is the switch needed to get the driver working.

The Clover stuff you haven't done yet with Clover Configurator, is for booting without the UniBeast stick command options and automates all the boot flags and patches. It will let you see those config-plist edits you did. It also allows you to choose the system profile you are aiming for. The MacPro3,1 being the most solid.

Under the Graphics tab only tick the "Inject Intel" box, leave "Inject Nvidia" unticked. It's not vital though and just makes a correction for the memory installed on your card.

There is an easy way to check all acceleration is working once you've done this work and there's no more flicker. If you need it I'll explain later etc.

Yes, when you mount the EFI partition for MultiBeast check you are mounting your Hackintosh HD.

I'm just glad your guide has worked LOL that makes me as happy as a pubescent boy walking the halls of a catholic all girl school.

Thanks so much for the clarifications. I will look into all that when I get home from taxes :crazy: and buying a BBQ :headbang:

I think I know what I did wrong. Pretty sure when I changed to the nvda I left in the " "

Wife was taking too long to get ready, so I started tweaking, and everything is awesome...

Confirmation that your guide works awesomely, and will be a walk in the park for anyone with even an ounce of knowledge more then I have.

Cheers

Wife was taking too long to get ready, so I started tweaking, and everything is awesome...

Confirmation that your guide works awesomely, and will be a walk in the park for anyone with even an ounce of knowledge more then I have.

Cheers

Good news. Glad it helped.

Hello,

Having issues on same motherboard with an i7 6700K, no nVidia, 10.11.4 El Capitan through Unibeast. All my BIOS settings are okay (not my first Hackintosh btw) but I can only install and boot through -x (safe mode).
Also for some reason Multibeast fails at Clover installation (even without installing ALC892 or anything else), looks like it can't mount the EFI partition (because it can't load a kext, which would make sense in Safe mode).

The only thing I can think of is I am using iMac17,1 profile as it was suggested into other Skylake threads, might it be the issue ?
If I do not specify -x I have an auto-reboot.

Any help/advice/wisdom/magic is highly appreciated.

Hello,

Having issues on same motherboard with an i7 6700K, no nVidia, 10.11.4 El Capitan through Unibeast. All my BIOS settings are okay (not my first Hackintosh btw) but I can only install and boot through -x (safe mode).
Also for some reason Multibeast fails at Clover installation (even without installing ALC892 or anything else), looks like it can't mount the EFI partition (because it can't load a kext, which would make sense in Safe mode).

The only thing I can think of is I am using iMac17,1 profile as it was suggested into other Skylake threads, might it be the issue ?
If I do not specify -x I have an auto-reboot.

Any help/advice/wisdom/magic is highly appreciated.

Hi there,

Sorry to read about your problems...

Two things I would try:

1) Yes, initially at least, change the system definition to MacPro3,1 - I tried 17,1 and it caused a few problems. I understand 17,1 is advised for 530 graphics but it's worth experimenting as 3,1 is so stable. For me, I was able to move on etc.

2) To get around the failure to install Clover, copy the EFI partition contents from your UniBeast stick over to the EFI partition on your destination drive. Remember the destination EFI partition needs to be in 'msdos' format first for this to work.

Mount it with EFI Mounter v3 before running MultiBeast again etc.

I haven't tried the HD 530 graphics yet as I'm using the discrete card but check Tonymac86x's FAQ about it currently on the Homepage here etc.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Hi Bro, Can you plz zip and send me ur efi partition via dropbox ?

Hello there.

No need the only unique thing there is my serial-number etc. :)

If you are having problems just copy the EFI partition EFI folder over from your UniBeast installer, copy the USBInjectAll.kext into the EFI/CLOVER/Kexts/Other folder.

Depending on which version of El Capitan you are using dictates if you need the APIC patch. If it's 10.11.4 there's no need.

So then just check the boot flags and options you need depending on your graphics choice.

That should get you booted. From there you can modify depending on your set up.

Good luck! :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back