Contribute
Register

Using Unibeast to create a Clover Installer:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he was refering to me on that. I for the life of me cannot get Clover to install AppleIntelE1000e.kext on install.

It keeps coming up as no ethernet found or something similar.

I tried downloading online as I couldn't find it on my secondary drive with unibeast 10.9 install.

I then manually load the kext from terminal and at first got nothing, then went to networking and said new device found eth0 and still nothing, and finally went to advanced in networking and clicked renew address for dhcp. and got access.

I then looked at about mac and found the true location of AppleIntelE1000e.kext and copied that to the usb thinking I had some permission issues from the download, and still nothing.

Last resort is copying the patched IONetworkingFamily.kext and pray that works.

I still have networking issues discovering devices. I go to finder and networking and it takes 5-10 minutes to discover my devices. almost 5 minute to find the first device.

I have my itunes folder on my windows home server 2011, but when I tell itunes my folder location is located on the server, it always reverts back to the original location of my drive.

I still have sleep issues of my system rebooting instead of sleeping.
You might try AppleIntelE1000e.kext 2.4.14 from MB 5.4.3, it's the version that works best for me. I never thought 'bout throwing IONetworkingFamily.kext in the "other" folder and testing it, might be worth a try. I don't have any of your networking issues but we are using different boards...

I've never had any sleep issues with this board, you might try turning off Power Nap and Wake for Ethernet.

EDIT: Of course you could just install without the network kext and install it after completing the install. I'm getting curious on using IONetworkingFamily.kext during the install. Way too late to test tonight but will try it tomorrow if I can find time...

@MarkJohnson: This works fine here, you might to test and see if it fixes your network issue...

Screen Shot 2013-11-02 at 11.06.48 AM.png

Also attached is a very simplified config.plist for the installer...

View attachment basic.config.plist.zip

cool, it installed to my spare hdd just fine this time. It asked me to sign-in to apple, so networking is working.

Hi,
I've followed the guide and have the same kext and folder structure as yours but for some reason after it says loading drivers and loads (goes "........") it just reboots me :( any ideas?

This metod works great for me

my computer dell xps 8500

I had to throw only fakeSMC and AppleACPIPlatform, AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement,
AppleIntelCPUPowerMagementClient kext

Update over AppStore(iWork, iLife, Aperture) works

Thanks

Created installer per instructions in OP.
Works. Installed Mavericks with no problem.

Problem on trying to boot the Mavericks install, however. It dies on
DSC_0029.JPG

Any suggestions?

Created installer per instructions in OP.
Works. Installed Mavericks with no problem.

Problem on trying to boot the Mavericks install, however. It dies on
View attachment 72654

Any suggestions?
Don't know why or how this could be. Obviously you successfully booted the installer from the usb, rebooted it again on the second stage of the install, and probably booted again from the usb into the completed install... I'm assuming that you then installed Clover to the HD and ran MB to get you kexts into S/L/E. The default config worked on the USB so there's no reason it doesn't work on the HD install.

I never recommend or use the CloverConfigurator as though the creator did a good job on the tool, it's no easier to use then reading the config.plist in a text editor... I don't think it offers users any guidance or assistance on understanding what config variables they need...

Doesn't this stuff just drive you :crazy::crazy::crazy: ?

Don't know if it will help but here's a very basic config.plist that successfully boots any UEFI board I've tried it on, including a Gigabyte Z77N-Wifi.

View attachment basic.config.plist

No, it just gives me :banghead::banghead::banghead:

If this is same one you posted in #30, it is the one I used on the installer.
Yeah I think so. I don't understand why Clover in USB>EFI>Clover works fine and Clover in HD>EFI>Clover doesn't... Have you tried copying the USB>EFI to the HD>EFI? Or try another HD just for giggles?

Yeah I think so. I don't understand why Clover in USB>EFI>Clover works fine and Clover in HD>EFI>Clover doesn't... Have you tried copying the USB>EFI to the HD>EFI? Or try another HD just for giggles?
You misread the problem - I never get to the screen to do setup the first reboot after the install. I boot clover, run the install, it reboots after installing, then KP - never get the setup screens for the first time or get to see the desktop. This is the problem. I had thought the clover boot installer would work the same as UniBeast to load the necessary items to get past the first reboot after install, but evidently not.

Safe mode is even worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back