Contribute
Register

Using Unibeast to create a Clover Installer:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't need to use Unibeast or any software to create a installer for Mavericks to boot with Chimera,
Huh???
because Apple included a tool in Install app.
Really, to boot Chimera... ;)
This is a copy of the multiple existing procedures already posted.. Also HFSPlus.efi is not required to install Clover UEFI.

Might want to reread the this post, it was intended help users that are already familiar with this sites tools...

@ drayon

I got my system to boot past the Bluetooth error with FakeSMC in the 10.9 folder.

Are you still using DSDT? You should be able to install without it, at least with UEFI mode. I forgot to post that in my last message.

If you follow this thread completely you should have success as the OP uses a Gryphon board as well, to help eliminate any other conflicts. Afterwards you can try experimenting on dsdt and other issues once you know it is booting. This way you'll know it's not a hardware or other issues. And I think you're right that Asus allows ECC to work, otherwise it wouldn't boot. but maybe OS X thinks this is in error and reports an issue.

I had it work with my Asus Q87M-E with this method. It's the only one that worked for me and UEFI.

The only issue I had so far was AppleIntelE1000e.kext wouldn't load from usb, but MB installed it in IONetworkingFamily.kext (Apparently you can install a kext inside of a kext)

I opened IONetworkingFamily.kext and found it under contents/plugins like about this mac said it was located.

Maybe I need to put the whole patched IONetworkingFamily.kext on the usb for a test.

ofcourse we always can make more universal config.plist.
I my opinion Slice has bigger things in mind for clover than making more universal config.plist.
Surely he does yet he's the only one that could actually put a modified sample config.plist in the Clover installer. If we're just talking 'bout creating one and including it in the "create an installer" instructions, that will work fine...

So maybe first step is to create a very basic/simple config.plist, post it and ask users to test and reply back with their hardware specs and a successful boot yes/no answer. Shouldn't take long to come up with one that can achieve 95%+ success ratio.

Huh???
Really, to boot Chimera... ;)
This is a copy of the multiple existing procedures already posted.. Also HFSPlus.efi is not required to install Clover UEFI.

Might want to reread the this post, it was intended help users that are already familiar with this sites tools...

You're right, if you use Unibeast to create USB Installer, HFSPlus.efi is not needed...

Sorry for my misunderstanding this thread.

EDIT: I can inject IntelE1000e.kext by Clover, and install it to S/L/E without copying it to IONetworkingFamily.kext. And the EFI item shown in desktop is not a folder, it's a partition.

You're right, if you use Unibeast to create USB Installer, HFSPlus.efi is not needed...
Regardless of the installer used, HFSPlus.efi is not needed to install any version of OS X with Clover UEFI.

Sorry for my misunderstanding this thread.
No worries...

EDIT: I can inject IntelE1000e.kext by Clover, and install it to S/L/E without copying it to IONetworkingFamily.kext.
This is clear in the original post and IONetworkingFamily.kext is not mentioned, although IONetworkingFamily.kext >Contents>Plugins>is the default IntelE1000e.kext install location.

And the EFI item shown in desktop is not a folder, it's a partition.
Glad you cleared that up...

Regardless of the installer used, HFSPlus.efi is never needed to install any version of OS X with Clover UEFI.

If I use VboxHFS.efi, I can't boot to Mavericks installer created by Apple createinstallmedia (which contains BaseSystem.dmg). It's confirmed by many Clover users. However, Unibeast USB Installer does not need this because it has extracted all files from BaseSystem.dmg

If I use VboxHFS.efi, I can't boot to Mavericks installer created by Apple createinstallmedia (which contains BaseSystem.dmg). It's confirmed by many Clover users. However, Chimera USB Installer does not need this because it has extracted all files from BaseSystem.dmg
I don't why you insist on referencing Unibeast and Chimera. Chimera is a MBR/Legacy bootloader and has nothing to do with this thread... Unibeast is only a vehicle for these users to have access to a properly configured OS X Mavericks Install image, nothing more.

I have run every possible installer config in Mavericks and have never needed HFSPlus.efi for a successful install. Once again, this is NOT a hello world - here's how to install Mavericks thread! It is targeted at users on this site; it works, it's proven, and is very simple. Please stop spamming this thread with unrelated nonsense...

This is clear in the original post and IONetworkingFamily.kext is not mentioned, although IONetworkingFamily.kext >Contents>Plugins>is the default IntelE1000e.kext install location.

I think he was refering to me on that. I for the life of me cannot get Clover to install AppleIntelE1000e.kext on install.

It keeps coming up as no ethernet found or something similar.

I tried downloading online as I couldn't find it on my secondary drive with unibeast 10.9 install.

I then manually load the kext from terminal and at first got nothing, then went to networking and said new device found eth0 and still nothing, and finally went to advanced in networking and clicked renew address for dhcp. and got access.

I then looked at about mac and found the true location of AppleIntelE1000e.kext and copied that to the usb thinking I had some permission issues from the download, and still nothing.

Last resort is copying the patched IONetworkingFamily.kext and pray that works.

I still have networking issues discovering devices. I go to finder and networking and it takes 5-10 minutes to discover my devices. almost 5 minute to find the first device.

I have my itunes folder on my windows home server 2011, but when I tell itunes my folder location is located on the server, it always reverts back to the original location of my drive.

I still have sleep issues of my system rebooting instead of sleeping.

I don't why you insist on referencing Unibeast and Chimera. Chimera is a MBR/Legacy bootloader and has nothing to do with this thread... Unibeast is only a vehicle for these users to have access to a properly configured OS X Mavericks Install image, nothing more.

I have run every possible installer config in Mavericks and have never needed HFSPlus.efi for a successful install. Once again this is NOT a hello world - here's how to install Mavericks thread! It is targeted at users on this site; it works, it's proven, and is very simple. Please stop spamming this thread with unrelated nonsense...
Sorry, I mistook Chimera and Unibeast, a typo...

I don't say that your install guide is wrong. I saw xpamamadeus posts in the thread reporting that he need Hfsplus.efi because he created installer by Apple's tool, instead of following your guide, and wants to confirm it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back