Contribute
Register

Using the HD 2500 on the i5 3470 with 10.8.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone succeeded in using the HD2500 on the i5 3470 with 10.8.5? Is it even possible?

Information about my setup/problem

Thanks.

HD 2500 is now supported. What did you choose in your bios settings ? Post some pics
if you need to. You also must have the latest Chimera 2.2 installed for the HD 2500
graphics to work. Even then, you'd be better off with HD4000 or an entry level gfx card.

you'd be better off with HD4000 or an entry level gfx card
I'm beginning to see that. I was assured that it was compatible.
I'll post my Bios settings when I get home from work.
Thanks.

Here's an album of my Bios settings. I know the "internal graphics memory" should be set to 32M, but setting it to 64 was the last thing I tried.
What else have I set wrong?
Thanks.

Here's an album of my Bios settings. I know the "internal graphics memory" should be set to 32M, but setting it to 64 was the last thing I tried.
What else have I set wrong?
Thanks.

The Bios settings all look good. If you're using the Clover bootloader you'll need to
post in one of those threads for help. I've not learned / used anything but Chimera
so far.

It's chimera 2.2 from the latest multibeast. If you've done it, will you talk me through what you did?

It's chimera 2.2 from the latest multibeast. If you've done it, will you talk me through what you did?

I have a different CPU W/ HD2500 and am still working on it myself. Here's a few tips though.

Boot into your OS X using the boot flag for safe mode (-x) without parentheses. Then you'll need to install
IGPEnabler=Yes into your org.chameleon.plist. Next find the correct IGPlatformID and also add that.
There are quite a few different IDs so it may take a while, be patient. This is for using the HD2500
with a discrete gfx card at the same time.

See this article by MacMan for more on this:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/378-new-intel-hd-graphics-boot-flags-chimera.html

Let me know how it goes. :thumbup:

Sorry it has taken me so long to post the results, but a big job broke out over the weekend. Here goes

No noticable change
Gives pinwheel no HD activity, I gave up after a few minutes.
Code:
consider RebuildOfprelinkedKernel com.apple.kext.OSvKernDSPLib triggered rebuild
Hard disk light flashes periodically, appears to have locked up.
No difference ... until
after a few minutes, screen clears to black with a pixel falling from the upper centre to the centre of the screen. No response.
Leaves console much earlier than usual at
Code:
Sound assertion in AppleHDACodecGeneric at line 370
Goes straight to 'fail' screen. As above, but pixel now about half an inch in from left edge.
stops at
Code:
Gives pointer, but returns to console with
Code:
kernel:stampWait:Overflowed checking for stamp 0x5c on MAIN ring
kernel:timestamp = 0x0034
kernel:GPU hang:
kernel: Trying to restart GPU...
Fails after printing
Code:
twice.
01660008 and 01660009
Code:
ethernet MAC address: 00:00:00:00:00:00
ip address:0.0.0.0

Waiting for remote debugger device
kdp_poll:L no debugger device
0166000A
Same as 01660003
0166000B
Same as above, but displays error from 01660003 three times before displaying the 'fail' screen. The console appears occasionally afterwards, but returns to fail screen.

As a side effect, the Ethernet now no longer works. It insists that the cable is unplugged, despite being plugged in.

I'm beginning to wonder if this CPU is faulty...

I tried all of those IGP IDs as well to no avail. I'm going to try and be happy with
just the GT610 gfx for now and forget about AirPlay. Will be interesting to see if
someone does figure this out eventually. If you can somehow upgrade to the 3570K
or even get the dual core I3-3245 the HD4000 graphics are very adequate for every
day stuff like internet surfing and watching HD videos.

Time to get a GFX card then. Was the GT610 easy to set up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back