Contribute
Register

Using NVidiaGRaphicsFixup Gives black screen - If Used, Get Boot loop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
z370
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
HD 530
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
I'd updated macOS to 10.13.2 (17C88) yesterday and now if I don't use NVidiaGRaphicsFixup I get black screen, but if I use, I get boot loop. Any suggestions?

I'd updated macOS to 10.13.2 (17C88) yesterday and now if I don't use NVidiaGRaphicsFixup I get black screen, but if I use, I get boot loop. Any suggestions?

Yes, boot with nvdisable=1 by pressing spacebar on the boot selection screen and choosing .. set to VESA. Then when booted, go to System/Library/Extensions and find AppleGraphicsControl.kext. Right click and show package contents. Go into Contents, then the plugins folder and show package contents on the AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext. Open the Contents folder and then Info.plist. Under IOKitPersonalities find your Board-ID (dependent on your SMBIOS) and see if it says 'none' under/next to it. If it says something like Config2 or Config3 change it to none. Save, rebuild kext cache and restart. Hope this helps

Yes, boot with nvdisable=1 by pressing spacebar on the boot selection screen and choosing .. set to VESA. Then when booted, go to System/Library/Extensions and find AppleGraphicsControl.kext. Right click and show package contents. Go into Contents, then the plugins folder and show package contents on the AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext. Open the Contents folder and then Info.plist. Under IOKitPersonalities find your Board-ID (dependent on your SMBIOS) and see if it says 'none' under/next to it. If it says something like Config2 or Config3 change it to none. Save, rebuild kext cache and restart. Hope this helps
Thank you, you helped me a lot. I deleted NVidiaGraphicsFixup and made this change and all is working now).
Also, is there any way to make it boot with two displays plugged in? Now I should boot with one display and then plug in other, otherwise, I get a black screen.

Thank you, you helped me a lot. I deleted NVidiaGraphicsFixup and made this change and all is working now).
Also, is there any way to make it boot with two displays plugged in? Now I should boot with one display and then plug in other, otherwise, I get a black screen.

Hi, I am glad this helped you. This solution will only work until the next update but should help you avoid using NvidiaGraphicFixup until it is properly updated and no longer causes Kernel Panics.

As for your current issue, I am not sure why you cannot boot with two displays plugged in. What GPU do you have? Also have you installed the newest Nvidia Web Driver? What connectors on your GPU are you monitors connected to? If you boot with the second monitor connected, sleep and wake, does the second monitor come on?

Hi, I am glad this helped you. This solution will only work until the next update but should help you avoid using NvidiaGraphicFixup until it is properly updated and no longer causes Kernel Panics.

As for your current issue, I am not sure why you cannot boot with two displays plugged in. What GPU do you have? Also, have you installed the newest Nvidia Web Driver? What connectors on your GPU are you monitors connected to? If you boot with the second monitor connected, sleep and wake, does the second monitor come on?

I have two configurations. At home, I use Nvidia 1050ti with the latest web drivers. I use DVI and HDMI connectors (there's a DP connector there, but I haven't used it). If I boot with the second monitor connected I afraid I can't make it sleep because the system is completely unresponsible (it seems so to me, at least). But I can boot with one display, then connect the second and then I could sleep and wake just fine.

I've created a separate thread for this issue:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...plays-plugged-in-my-video-card-1050ti.241836/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back