Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> using ModMike's TEWB install freezes on [ PCI configuration end, bridges 5, devices 12 ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-I GAMING
CPU
Intel Core i5-9600K Coffee Lake 6-Core 3.7 GHz
Graphics
Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 580 8GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello all,

I'm finding myself stuck much earlier into all this then I anticipated. I planned to use ModMike's Install guide for my install, as we have a very similar build but cannot get past install with the install log showing it stopping at [ PCI configuration end, bridges 5, devices 12 ]

I saw this is a common issue but I have spent over a week and a lot of hours trying the countless solutions people have offered for this and just ended up worse off. I've read through Mike's instructions again. Reset the Bios back to his instructions and just cannot get past this issue.

I've avoided this post as it's such a common issue but I'm wondering if someone would give me any suggestions to start with for my specific build. before I just follow another post from someone with a slightly different set up than I do and I just get myself stuck down another endless path with no solution.

Have gone back to Mike's EFI, have my BIOS set up as he instructed, and have my Motherboard, GPU, and Processor listed...

Did you check that one? ShaneJ had the same issue and solved it by using the Guide/EFI they linked.

Did you check that one? ShaneJ had the same issue and solved it by using the Guide/EFI they linked.

Thank you for replying but that is the exact EFI guide I started with. Not sure why I'm having issues and others are not. I feel I'm missing something obvious here...

Make sure your BIOS version matches theirs.

And you also need to have the ACPI RTC patch if you use the most recent version.

It's one or the other depending on the BIOS.

Patch #1:
Find: A00A9353 54415301 Replace: A00A910A FF0BFFFF

Patch #2:
Find: A00A9353 54415301 Replace: A00A9353 43535301

I was hoping it may be the second patch as the patch #1 was included in their build but is that correct replacing same with same? I believe I've installed the ACPI RTC patch correctly. I cannot find what BIOS version ModMike and Pastrychef used but it was from last year. I wouldn't think Asus would've done a BIOS update since then but I don't know. Hoping one of them may be able to chime in.

I guess if I even knew what was happening when it locked up in that process I could make sense of it myself. I've spend all day again and I'm back to square one unfortunately.

Hello all,

I'm finding myself stuck much earlier into all this then I anticipated. I planned to use ModMike's Install guide for my install, as we have a very similar build but cannot get past install with the install log showing it stopping at [ PCI configuration end, bridges 5, devices 12 ]

I saw this is a common issue but I have spent over a week and a lot of hours trying the countless solutions people have offered for this and just ended up worse off. I've read through Mike's instructions again. Reset the Bios back to his instructions and just cannot get past this issue.

I've avoided this post as it's such a common issue but I'm wondering if someone would give me any suggestions to start with for my specific build. before I just follow another post from someone with a slightly different set up than I do and I just get myself stuck down another endless path with no solution.

Have gone back to Mike's EFI, have my BIOS set up as he instructed, and have my Motherboard, GPU, and Processor listed...

Hi there.

My suggestion is not to follow another guide, except the generic Installation Guide.

When builders say, "I followed this guide and I can't get it to boot ..." it's clear there are differences that make one build work and another, not. They may not be obvious. Or they may be - I'm using this GPU, they are using that, but it should work... etc.

For your own peace of mind - and a little education - just do it yourself by using the main guidance. That's what it is there for. Once you have the basic build running at the desktop, you can then iron-out any problems, yes, by checking out someone else's guide if you like :thumbup:

It is true that Asus Z390 motherboards all need the RTC ACPI patch, but other than that they work. I see you've been given guidance on that BIOS-related subject. :thumbup:

Copying another builder's EFI folder without fully understanding it, is a recipe for confusion.

Thank you both for the encouraging and patient responses. I should have mentioned that I did start with the basic install guide and only started copying EFI's after having this issue from the get go realizing I'm probably not going to have success.

Working on being a little more patient and the fact that I have learned a lot more since when I started a week ago, I should go back to the original and work from there. I got away from it because they are dated instructions and even the BIOS doesn't reflect things perfectly because of that but I feel I at least understand most of what to do there with my previous non-hackintosh knowledge.

I do have a very basic question in terms of patching that may be my sole problem, and need to get over my embarrassment of asking...

So if I can't get past the basic install and changing the original EFI how do I add the RTC ACPI patch prior to a successful install of Catalina first?

I've downloaded the patch, which was in text format and after spending sometime trying to find clear instructions assumed I add .aml to it and drop it in the EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder. I felt that is probably wrong and I need to inject it somewhere in a line of code but was hoping it to be that simple.

Thanks again, pardon my ignorance, and I greatly appreciate your feedback.

I'm working on the premise that you have created your USB installer with another hackintosh or real mac.
If you haven't already, download clover configurator to your hack/mac.
Mount your usb efi partition
open your config.plist with CC
Go to acpi section click the '+' button click in the comment/find/replace part and add the patch values.
Save when finished.

Screenshot 2020-06-08 at 11.59.07.png

Okay, I've moved over to opencore which has given me some context on what is going on and allowed me to see to learn a lot more about this process.

I'm still hung up, but found where the problem lies. I purchased and installed the BCM94360NG wireless/bluetooth card with the understanding it should make things "plug and play". However the install is getting stuck at

ARPT: 1.094946: AirPort_Brcm43XX: probe:, this[0xa3f52c0fbbd95c47] score[1400]

Anybody have any thoughts?

I've tried various kext options people have suggested with no change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back