Graphics
UHD 630 + GTX 1650, 1920x1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey Guys,
I have just installed macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 on my Dell Inspiron 5559. While I am waitng for WiFi chipset, I am wondering can I use the laptop's bluetooth (which is obviously working) to connect to my iPhone which is connected to my home WiFi and then use internet on my Hackintosh.
If not can I connect the iPhone to hackintosh via USB for the same purpose?

Hey Guys,
I have just installed macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 on my Dell Inspiron 5559. While I am waitng for WiFi chipset, I am wondering can I use the laptop's bluetooth (which is obviously working) to connect to my iPhone which is connected to my home WiFi and then use internet on my Hackintosh.
If not can I connect the iPhone to hackintosh via USB for the same purpose?

I think both will work. Why don't you try?

I think both will work. Why don't you try?
I don’t know how to do this. On iPhone personal hotspot only works when iPhone is connected to cellular and not WiFi. So how can I use my wifi to connnect to Mac via Bluetooth by using iPhone

You can connect another PC in your house wich is connected to the internet with a normal patch kable to your hackintosh and then share this PCs internet connection. As far as i know iPhone can not share its wifi connection with other devices.

You can connect another PC in your house wich is connected to the internet with a normal patch kable to your hackintosh and then share this PCs internet connection. As far as i know iPhone can not share its wifi connection with other devices.
Thank You maxi322, I will try by connecting a desktop computer with it using ethernet cable.

On iPhone personal hotspot only works when iPhone is connected to cellular

That's what I thought you were trying to do.
I have used my phone to connect to the internet (via cell network) using both USB and BT.

and not WiFi. So how can I use my wifi to connnect to Mac via Bluetooth by using iPhone

There may be a 3rd party app for that.
Or not.

That's what I thought you were trying to do.
I have used my phone to connect to the internet (via cell network) using both USB and BT.

There may be a 3rd party app for that.
Or not.
I can’t seem to find any. If you can find one it would be great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back