Contribute
Register

Using Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Xtreme and i9-9900K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I have seen various success posts of using Gigabyte Z390's motherboards in various forums. However, I cannot find any guide on how to make a Hackintosh using the Z390 Xtreme. Given that they are all Gigabyte Z390 boards, is it a good idea to follow any installation guide that use other Gigabyte Z390 boards? The Xtreme comes with BT and WiFi modules. Do I need to buy additional cards besides the Sappire Radeon RX580 8GB Pulse?

The specs mentions that it has a built-in Intel CNVi interface 802.11a/b/g/n/ac card and BT 5 but there is no mention on which BT5 module.

Hi, I have seen various success posts of using Gigabyte Z390's motherboards in various forums. However, I cannot find any guide on how to make a Hackintosh using the Z390 Xtreme. Given that they are all Gigabyte Z390 boards, is it a good idea to follow any installation guide that use other Gigabyte Z390 boards? The Xtreme comes with BT and WiFi modules. Do I need to buy additional cards besides the Sappire Radeon RX580 8GB Pulse?

The specs mentions that it has a built-in Intel CNVi interface 802.11a/b/g/n/ac card and BT 5 but there is no mention on which BT5 module.

Yes, I believe you can follow other Z390 guides. Note that the WiFi is not compatible with MacOS and you need a MacOS compatible WiFi card if you want WiFi/Bluetooth.

Yes, I believe you can follow other Z390 guides. Note that the WiFi is not compatible with MacOS and you need a MacOS compatible WiFi card if you want WiFi/Bluetooth.

Thanks. Do you have any recommendation for WiFi card? Will USB dongle work? I am using a RTX2080Ti card for Windows and Linux but I may buy a RX580 for easy of installation of Hackintosh. Not sure if adding a WifFi card will hinder the air flow. Will consider it if it works out of the box in simple installation.

I have the following two dongles spare at home:

1. TP-Link 1300Mbps Dual Band USB 3.0 Wireless Wi-Fi Network Adapter, Archer T4U V2.
2. Panda Bluetooth 4.0 USB Nano Adapter

hey macorange, I have the same board and am having trouble identifying my USB ports to get under the 15-port limit. Did you run into this, and were you able to figure out what ports are what?
I haven't seen too many others on this forum with our exact motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back