Contribute
Register

Using a Presonus Quantum Thunderbolt 2 Audio Interface...HELP

Hi everybody!

So did any of you get the VRS and the Apollo Twin working together? Seems like it's either one or the other, depending on the VT-D setting. It's connected to a Z390 with Thunderbolt, OS is Catalina.

Thanks!
I'm confused. Shouldn't there be only one VT-D setting?

I'm confused. Shouldn't there be only one VT-D setting?
Yep, enabled or disabled, that's what I meant!
I got it enabled now and the VRS works, but not the Apollo and when it's disabled, the Apollo works, but not the VRS.
Any thoughts? Have I missed something important reading through this thread?

I have an AMD Hackintosh build using OpenCore and am wondering if there is any possibility of getting the VRS8 to work? Unfortunately there is no VT-d for AMD. Is this going to be required? I tried adding the line to the end of the Info.plist about OSbundle, but that did not work. I am having the same error messages that @luckyal was having when he first started.

Yep, enabled or disabled, that's what I meant!
I got it enabled now and the VRS works, but not the Apollo and when it's disabled, the Apollo works, but not the VRS.
Any thoughts? Have I missed something important reading through this thread?
Hmm, not sure. I actually have both running together as aggregate devices. I have some mics connected to my VRS8 and I use it to record some of the sources in another room, and I use Apollo x4 for monitoring and the other 4 inputs. I have VT-d enabled and it's rock solid.

Hmm, not sure. I actually have both running together as aggregate devices. I have some mics connected to my VRS8 and I use it to record some of the sources in another room, and I use Apollo x4 for monitoring and the other 4 inputs. I have VT-d enabled and it's rock solid.
Hmm weird. If I recall correctly, you have the VRS connected via HDMI right? Could that be it? Could you be so kind as to point me to the most important steps in this thread to make it all work? I read through it all, but I'm new to the Hackintosh game, so I'm sure I didn't get all of it :|
Everything else works fine basically, it's just the thing of getting both to work together.
I also tried connecting only the Apollo directly and not the VRS and got no response as well - or I actually did get kind of a response, but it froze when loading and couldn't get a connection signal from the Apollo. I just want to use my UAD plugins, that's basically it :crazy:

Hmm weird. If I recall correctly, you have the VRS connected via HDMI right? Could that be it? Could you be so kind as to point me to the most important steps in this thread to make it all work? I read through it all, but I'm new to the Hackintosh game, so I'm sure I didn't get all of it :|
Everything else works fine basically, it's just the thing of getting both to work together.
I also tried connecting only the Apollo directly and not the VRS and got no response as well - or I actually did get kind of a response, but it froze when loading and couldn't get a connection signal from the Apollo. I just want to use my UAD plugins, that's basically it :crazy:
No, I have both connected via TH3 now. I sold the extra HDMI card.

Hi all!!

Hope you are all well and survining the current climate!

Just to chime back here on this thread, I recently did a fresh install on this same machine with Catalina. Downloaded the quantum driver and went to edit it, but noticed it connected right away! Checking the code it appears they now included ICPC tunnelled in the driver.

So quantum officially works OOTB with hackintoshes :)

Hi all!!

Just to chime back here on this thread, I recently did a fresh install on this same machine with Catalina. Downloaded the quantum driver and went to edit it, but noticed it connected right away! Checking the code it appears they now included ICPC tunnelled in the driver.

The latest driver (Universal Control v3.3.0.59348) doesn't have "IOPCITunnelled" in quantum_driver.kext. Maybe you changed your Clover config to add it, or maybe you're using new flashed Thunderbolt add-in card firmware so macOS recognizes it or something or maybe you have a different driver? Where did you download it from?

Hi I am reporting that I got my Presonus Quantum 2626 Thunderbolt 3 interface working with my Dual Boot Windows/macOS AMD Ryzen build on Catalina

I am using Asrock's own Thunderbolt 3 AIC R2.0 instead of Gigabyte's Titan Ridge 2.0 on my Asrock x570M Pro4 Mobo. I entered @joevt code from post #292 into the terminal, reset and it works like a charm in Windows and connects in macOS.

No hotplug support in macOS yet and I have to soft boot from Windows first or reset the Quantum's power during the Opencore Boot Menu until it's LED blinks blue, otherwise it works fine.

Hi all!!

I don't think that this is true. I downloaded the latest Universal Control (v3.3.0.59348) from Presonus and my Quantum didn't connect until after I entered @joevt's code. I believe that once the "IOPCITunnelled" is introduced in the kext it will remain there even after you update Universal Control.

For those who are still having trouble I suggest uninstalling Universal Control completely, Disable SIP,
Download the latest driver directly from Presonus, Use Finder to search for "quantum_driver.kext" to make sure it appears in the proper folders and then enter the code from post #292.

You may have to reset, warm boot from Windows or reset the interface during Opencore like I did.

Last edited:
Massive thanks to those on this thread. For over a year I've been living with regular audio dropouts from apollo x twin, trying different settings in bios, usb configurations etc. to varying degrees of success.

Today I bought a 2626 and it works out of the box, flawlessly, with better conversion than the apollo, and smooth continuous audio regardless of what else is running. Cheers!

Back