Contribute
Register

Using a Presonus Quantum Thunderbolt 2 Audio Interface...HELP

You just saved me and my partner so much pain, not to mention anyone else trying to use a Presonus on hack. Wow.

You just saved me and my partner so much pain, not to mention anyone else trying to use a Presonus on hack. Wow.
1c67:0102 is the Quantum2 device and you were adding IOPCITunnelled to the Quantum1 device? My plutil commands add IOPCITunnelled to all four IOKitPersonalities that use the com_presonus_quantum_driver_Device IOClass.

Ask them if there's a reason they need to check if it's connected to Thunderbolt. If not, then they should remove the check for the IOPCITunnelled flag (which doesn't always exist on Hackintosh or classic Mac Pro's older than 2013).

Last edited:
Ohh you added it to all personalities, interesting! and yes I'm using a quantum 2 but was only applying the tunnelled true to quantum1.

Ok! will ask

EVASIVE AND UNHELPFUL. Surprise.

"
We are happy to hear that you were able to resolve the issue. An easier approach may have been to uninstall the driver and re-install. This would make the security window appear again to approve the installation. Apple for some reason has made the security window time out very quickly which is what caused the confusion here. It was not necessary for you to use those terminal commands, but they will give you the window back. This is an Apple OS issue and not something that we have done with the PreSonus driver. Here is a link to a kb article, should you run into this issue again in the future.

https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-...niversal-Control-on-High-Sierra-Mac-OSX-10-13

Best Regards,

Brian Meisner
DAW and Notation Tech Support Manager
PreSonus Audio Electronics
"

I told em that was BS and I never got smy security notice at all no matter how many reinstalls. we'll see on monday

they say that something is wrong with my OS because the security pop-up isn't coming up during install. so maybe something about hackintoshing is messing with the security system for 3rd party thunderbolt drivers somehow...

they say that something is wrong with my OS because the security pop-up isn't coming up during install. so maybe something about hackintoshing is messing with the security system for 3rd party thunderbolt drivers somehow...
That's because as part of Hackintosh you have disabled Gatekeeper. Standard procedure. You don't need to be explicit about telling them. In fact, I'd advise you not to.

Is it failing because the driver isn't loading or because the PCIe device isn't detected? Run lspci from pciutils when it works and when it doesn't work.
Hey joevt I finally figure it out I can connect the VRS8 with no problem every time if I keep SIP disabled I know there is certain problems with having SIP disabled all the time and being connected to the internet is there any workaround for this????? thanks!!!

Hey joevt I finally figure it out I can connect the VRS8 with no problem every time if I keep SIP disabled I know there is certain problems with having SIP disabled all the time and being connected to the internet is there any workaround for this????? thanks!!!
I am unaware of any problems having SIP disabled. Just don't click on weird stuff and you should be ok. Remember, SIP didn't always exist. Also, everyone running Sierra, High Sierra, Mojave, or Catalina on an unsupported Mac is running with SIP disabled.

I don't know or care enough about SIP to come up with a workaround. Maybe the kext can be resigned after being modified? I dunno.

why the kext shows as not allowed?

Last login: Sat Nov 16 14:34:53 on ttys000
MARLONs-Mac-Pro:~ marloncastro$ sudo kextutil /Library/Extensions/VRS8AudioDriver.kext
Password:
Untrusted kexts are not allowed
Kext with invalid signature (-67062) denied: /Library/StagedExtensions/System/Library/Extensions/C64A214C-D8DF-4FB6-BB84-A580941E3AD2.kext
Bundle (/System/Library/Extensions/DigidesignElevenRack.kext) failed to validate, deleting: /Library/StagedExtensions/System/Library/Extensions/C64A214C-D8DF-4FB6-BB84-A580941E3AD2.kext
Unable to stage kext (/System/Library/Extensions/DigidesignElevenRack.kext) to secure location.
Kext with invalid signature (-67062) denied: /Library/StagedExtensions/System/Library/Extensions/81E37079-6A24-43B8-BF2B-AC96332DEFF7.kext
Bundle (/System/Library/Extensions/Avid00Family.kext) failed to validate, deleting: /Library/StagedExtensions/System/Library/Extensions/81E37079-6A24-43B8-BF2B-AC96332DEFF7.kext
Unable to stage kext (/System/Library/Extensions/Avid00Family.kext) to secure location.
/Library/StagedExtensions/Library/Extensions/553B596B-89E4-43FB-A5A1-80166EA8B3EA.kext does not appear in strict exception list for architecture: x86_64
Kext with invalid signature (-67007) denied: /Library/StagedExtensions/Library/Extensions/553B596B-89E4-43FB-A5A1-80166EA8B3EA.kext
Bundle (/Library/Extensions/DigidesignElevenRack.kext) failed to validate, deleting: /Library/StagedExtensions/Library/Extensions/553B596B-89E4-43FB-A5A1-80166EA8B3EA.kext
Unable to stage kext (/Library/Extensions/DigidesignElevenRack.kext) to secure location.
Kext with invalid signature (-67030) denied: /Library/StagedExtensions/Library/Extensions/CFFEEC51-26AD-4EB3-B900-9F1262F8C30B.kext
Bundle (/Library/Extensions/VRS8AudioDriver.kext) failed to validate, deleting: /Library/StagedExtensions/Library/Extensions/CFFEEC51-26AD-4EB3-B900-9F1262F8C30B.kext
Unable to stage kext (/Library/Extensions/VRS8AudioDriver.kext) to secure location.
MARLONs-Mac-Pro:~ marloncastro$

Back