Contribute
Register

Using a Presonus Quantum Thunderbolt 2 Audio Interface...HELP

I tried adding net.egosys.driver.VRS8Audio CFBundleIdentifier into Lilufriend OSBundleLibraries .plist and then the kext to my EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other. I guess it was a bit too optimistic to hope that would do the trick. Or did I do something wrong?
It has been tested and did not work, so forget that idea.

Do you have any source on the iommu/dart stuff I could read. I've been trying to look into it, and can't really find a clear source. I doubt the answer will come from anyone else since it looks like those kinda went away with banning and such. And on other forums people are telling they are selling their VRS8 instead of asking for Slate to make it work. So he won't feel the pressure to do anything about it. I see that people are having trouble also on genuine Mac Pro 2008-2012 towers with the pcie card. They have to reboot sometimes 20 times to make the connection with VRS8. So it is an actual problem for Mac users too.

Also, using @luckyal's trick didn't work for me, but it didn't break anything either. There was one step I couldn't do. That being the disable intel virtualization. In Gigabyte bios it seems to be all under one setting: enable or disable VT-d.
  • Enable VT-d
  • Disable Intel Virtualization in BIOS
Though who knows, maybe I just didn't notice that something was wrong. I guess it would be better if I didn't have to mess with BIOS because of this. My system is completely stable now.

Last edited:
Okay, I just used the last one.. Seemed sensible so I don't miss anything...

Attachments

• logboot.txt
    21.9 MB · Views: 570
Hi everyone,
Found this thread hoping to find some info about what is actually in the title -
only to find 10 pages about the Slate VRS8.... ah... not sure why that is but
I am a total newbie to Hackintosh and perhaps somewhere in this thread it was established that solving the VRS8 issue would solve the PreSonus issue?
In any case - has anyone managed to get their PreSonus working on their Hackintosh?

Sorry I've been traveling a lot for work lately so haven't been able to respond. I can say that my VRS8 works without a single issue. Don't ask me why that is. I followed @JCMunsonII golden build with some additional tweaks to get my RX580 to work. I followed great advice given here by @joevt to get the VRS8 working. I've posted pretty much everything I have on this thread and others on this forum. If theres something missing to take this fix "mainstream" I'll be happy to provide.

So.... this thread is not actually covering the PreSonus issue anymore...?
Sorry, but the title is really confusing now...

It's true that the bulk of the discussion has deviated from the specifics of the title.
The reason for the VRS8 discussion taking place here, however, is that the issue with the Quantum and the issue with the VRS8 initially present themselves with identical symptoms.
I can't say with any certainty that the drivers for both interfaces are failing to work on Hackintosh machines for the same exact reason (although that is a possibility), but the steps taken to determine what the issue is with the driver you need to have work will be the same across both (many) interfaces.

It may be a slight sidestep from the title of the thread, but the process outlined up to this point should still provide utility, and there's a good chance that once some consistency is achieved, we will be able to lay out a specific set of steps to troubleshoot/correct this type of problem.

Ah! Well that does make sense. Thanks for clarifying.

Okay, I just used the last one.. Seemed sensible so I don't miss anything...
I don't see any Quantum errors.

Hi everyone,
Found this thread hoping to find some info about what is actually in the title -
only to find 10 pages about the Slate VRS8.... ah... not sure why that is but
I am a total newbie to Hackintosh and perhaps somewhere in this thread it was established that solving the VRS8 issue would solve the PreSonus issue?
In any case - has anyone managed to get their PreSonus working on their Hackintosh?
If you're both following along, some information would be helpful to discover where the problem is occurring:
  1. boot log (to show errors)
  2. kextstat (to show if the driver loaded)
  3. ioreg from hackintosh (to show if the devices were discovered)
  4. ioreg from a working Mac (to show what the devices and drivers should look like)

Back