Contribute
Register

Using a Presonus Quantum Thunderbolt 2 Audio Interface...HELP

Just from reading, i presume the problem with the slate interface is in a similar realm to the quantum issue?
I haven't seen logs from the quantum, so I don't know. Post logs of the errors and link the driver download.

Sure thing. Driver is installed via their own software called universal control, do you want the KEXTs within that?

Where do I get my error log from? Sorry for the basic question... it’s my second hackintosh..

This is the driver

Attachments

• quantum_driver.kext.zip
    145.4 KB · Views: 74
Sure thing. Driver is installed via their own software called universal control, do you want the KEXTs within that?

Where do I get my error log from? Sorry for the basic question... it’s my second hackintosh..
I would like the output of "kextstat" to make sure I'm looking at the same kexts.

Use commands similar to the "log show" commands suggested for VRS8. Quit all apps. Reboot the Hackintosh. Time how long it takes to boot. Try a command to log the first 10 seconds of boot (change 10S to the time it takes to boot, e.g. 35S = 35 seconds):
Code:
log show --source --info --debug --signpost --last boot --end "$(date -j -f '%s' '-v+10S' $(expr "$(sysctl -a kern.boottime)" : '.* sec = \([^,]*\)') '+%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S')" > logboot.txt
Rename the output file logboot.txt to whatever you like.

Okay done ! Thanks for the help and attention joeVT. This right?

Attachments

• logboot.txt
    87.2 KB · Views: 90
Okay done ! Thanks for the help and attention joeVT. This right?
You only included 10 seconds of log information. You are to change "10S" in the command to the approximate amount of time it takes to boot your computer. The log you did include has ACPI Errors in it. There might be problems in your DSDT/SSDTs.

Thats odd Im sure I changed it to 45S. Tried again, this time i didnt have the quantum attatched, theres less info there...?

Attachments

• logboot2.txt
    70.4 KB · Views: 76
Thats odd Im sure I changed it to 45S. Tried again, this time i didnt have the quantum attatched, theres less info there...?
I don't know if less stuff happened (the ACPI errors disappeared) or if the end time calculation was even shorter than before (now there's only 2 seconds of log information). For our tests, we need the quantum attached and powered on before boot.

Maybe there's something wrong with the end boot time calculation:

Either of the following should give the start boot time (the second uses the format required for the log command):
Code:
sysctl -a kern.boottime
date -j -f '%s' $(expr "$(sysctl -a kern.boottime)" : '.* sec = \([^,]*\)') '+%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S'

The following adds 45 seconds to the start boot time to calculate the end boot time. Compare it with the current time:
Code:
date -j -f '%s' '-v+45S' $(expr "$(sysctl -a kern.boottime)" : '.* sec = \([^,]*\)') '+%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S'

The following gives the current time (using the format required for the log command):
Code:
date -j '+%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S'

Anyway, if you run the log command as soon as you can after booting, then their's no need to specify an end time, so you could just use the following command to make sure we get the entire log from boot:
Code:
log show --source --info --debug --signpost --last boot > logboot.txt

Nice one Joe, I’ll run this first thing tomorrow and see what we get!

I tried adding net.egosys.driver.VRS8Audio CFBundleIdentifier into Lilufriend OSBundleLibraries .plist and then the kext to my EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other. I guess it was a bit too optimistic to hope that would do the trick. Or did I do something wrong?

Back