Contribute
Register

Using a corsair h100i v2 w/ Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still waiting to receive my SSD (for my build) and in the meantime have been testing my setup on the bios but have been unable to adjust the cpu cooling fan speed.

Now corsair uses a 3-pin connecter while the mobo utilises a 4-pin PWM CPU_FAN connecter. Is there anyway to control the RPM here? will temperature alterations change the RPM automatically as it's currently set to approximately 1000rpm which is not its maximum.

Is there another way for me to control this. The bios doesn't seem to offer the ability to alter the fan control mechanism from PWM to Voltage but i'm wondering if there is an in-built temperature control system? or will I need to look for some 3rd party software?

Is it simply incompatible?

Thanks in advance.

I think the H100i v2 has the fan control built into the pump (even without Corsair Link). You just plug in the 3 pin pump power to the CPU fan port on the board and the 4 pin fans to the pump. Test the system under load and see if the fans speed up. Either way the fans and pump are running so juices are flowing. If the fans don't speed up under obvious load then just connect them to the SYS_FAN ports on your motherboard and hopefully your board can speed them up based on CPU temps. I don't have a water cooler, but just by seeing the 4 pin fans hooking into the pump, I'd assume the pump has some intelligence to control speed. I'm sure they designed it to run without Corsair Link in case someone forgot to plug in the USB header, and it just defaults to whatever optimal settings.

You need to set full speed for whatever fan header you plug into so that the H100i gets the power it needs. Let the H100i adjust itself (mine works great like this even without the USB header plugged in).

You need to set full speed for whatever fan header you plug into so that the H100i gets the power it needs. Let the H100i adjust itself (mine works great like this even without the USB header plugged in).

Thank you for your reply. I am a noob at building computers, so I had to have help to get this hackintosh done as well. Could you explain in more details on how I should get the fan header done? I know that there is a usb plug that goes into the cooler to the main board. So I can unplug that and what else should I do? Thank you for your time^^

Ok, so I did a bit of researching and I found out what the headers are and I've set the speed to full speed in my bios and in windows, but it seems that the cooling is not cooling my cpu even when temperatures are going up to 80 degrees. The fans don't even go up a notch... While I am in Windows, the fan speeds up every time I switch the fan speed profile in Corsair Link app. But even under stress, the fans won't start up...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back