Contribute
Register

Using a A1370 Airport Bluetooth BCM943224PCIEB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
CPU
Intel Core i7 3770k
Graphics
Asus GTX 780 DC2
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
chadthman said:
Nobody knows anything about this?
I want to know if it works or not, too.
Edit: It's not compatible because it has 6+12 pins instead of 18+8 pins (standard mini pci-e).
I got the information from the "How to: build a "real" Airport card" topic (as written by alpha90)

No it' not mini PCIe it's more similar to the mSATA connector but still isn't. I have 3 of these cards. I'm tempted to trace the connectors back and figure out the pinout to be able to wire it to a PCIe + USB enclosure.

A12nx.png

This is the side with actual connections. We almost know any traces going to the BT chip are USB so the rest are PCIe.

UgZUS.png

The connector/s on this side is the ground. If you look closely you can see the traces going through the board to the other side.

You can find MUCH larger pictures here:
http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/MacBook- ... 8ZxyZlYsUY

Alfa147x said:
A12nx.png

This is the side with actual connections. We almost know any traces going to the BT chip are USB so the rest are PCIe.
Thanks for information! :thumbup:

Also pins 3, 6, 9, and 12 are ground.

bRZMS.png

Verified that BT is USB.

BCM94322MP—Mini PCI Reference Design
BCM94322MC—PCIe Minicard Reference Design
BCM94322HMC—PCIe Half-minicard Reference Design

Verified that Wifi is PCIe

Did some work with the multimeter last night. It seems as though pins 2 & 3 from the bottom are 3.3v power. I need todo more work but my current project takes precedence :\
viewtopic.php?f=169&t=62154&p=389132#p389132

Im confused... why dont you guys just plug that thing in and see what happens? The drivers are already there inside MacOSX ... am I missing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back