invidia
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi

Can anyone recommend a good place to sell a used Hackintosh built for Audio recording/Protools. Built it 2009. Excellent condition, but do not use anyomore. Thx Mike

I've always just sold the components seperate (MB, CPU, GFX) on eBay. I think if you try and get money for the OS your looking for problems. I never resell HDDs either thats just a personal preference, I usually destroy them when not needed any longer.

If you sell a hackintosh to a friend or family member you'll be married to it forever.. lol

Wow, I just joined this site today specifically for this reason. I'm looking to construct/have constructed/buy a Hackintosh for my PT system.

I'd love to PM about this but I don't have the minimum post count required. I'd love to chat though! Let me know!

Advertising and Solicitation
  • No member can ask, accept, offer or provide any form of compensation to any other member for any form of assistance.
  • We do not allow members to post threads or to send private messages or emails to other members that advertise products or services or solicit for funds or donations.
  • Members cannot post advertisements or notices for eBay auctions, Kickstarter projects, Craigslist listings, personal sales or contests.
  • Posting any affiliate or referral links, or post anything asking for a referral is not allowed and will be removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

Can anyone recommend a good place to sell a used Hackintosh built for Audio recording/Protools. Built it 2009. Excellent condition, but do not use anyomore. Thx Mike

You can always install a copy of Windows over your old OS X install and then sell it as a
Windows PC. If you were to sell with OS X installed and other Apple software you're
breaking a number of rules on this site as well as competing with Apple, which obviously
is not recommended.

Resurrecting old thread...

I think the real question that should be asked as we are not advocating that one should try to sell through these forums is:

"Where is the best place to go to sell your old Hackintosh after you've replaced the MacOS with Windows or Linux?"

I find myself asking this question today. I put a lot of work into this piece of "art." I'd hate to split it up into pieces. Wouldn't it be cool if there was a marketplace where custom PC builders could sell their wares to people who want them? Custom hotrods have the same problem. In both markets, seems like you take it in the shorts if you try to sell your creation rather than parting it out.

I think the real question that should be asked as we are not advocating that one should try to sell through these forums is:

"Where is the best place to go to sell your old Hackintosh after you've replaced the MacOS with Windows or Linux?"

I find myself asking this question today. I put a lot of work into this piece of "art." I'd hate to split it up into pieces. Wouldn't it be cool if there was a marketplace where custom PC builders could sell their wares to people who want them? Custom hotrods have the same problem. In both markets, seems like you take it in the shorts if you try to sell your creation rather than parting it out.

I joined this site looking for a place where I could find an old Hackintosh with Windows or Linux replacing the MacOS.

The only place I've had luck selling my old systems is Craig's List.

Remember when selling your old Hackintosh hardware you cannot legally include macOS.

If you want to sell it with an OS include one of the many Linux distributions. Or buy a copy of Windows and install that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back