Contribute
Register

Use two discrete GPUs, one for Windows (GT1050 Ti) and another for Mojave (GT710)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z590-A Pro
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 6600
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I was wondering what is the best way to configure and use two discrete GPU in my hackintosh that also boots Windows: I want to boot Windows 10 using a Nvidia 1050 Ti and boot Mojave using a Nvidia 710 which boots natively in MacOS. I have read that using switchresx is an option, or just tweaking the UEFI BIOS and Windows Device Manager. Anyone that can share some good advice?

Did you have any news on this question?
No news. I gave up and purchased an AMD Gigabyte RX-580 GPU and kept the Nvidia 710 for contingency purposes. The RX-580 worked like a charm OOB

I was wondering what is the best way to configure and use two discrete GPU in my hackintosh that also boots Windows: I want to boot Windows 10 using a Nvidia 1050 Ti and boot Mojave using a Nvidia 710 which boots natively in MacOS.

@jzrodriguez98,

You should be able to disable the GTX 1050TI using the SSDT method in the linked guide in this post :-

Although the guide is for disabling an unsupported Nvidia GPU so that MacOS can run on the IGPU the method should work for what you want to do as long as you can find the correct _OFF method and PCI path to the GTX 1050 TI and leave the GTX 710 intact.

Cheers
Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back