CPU
i7 3770
Graphics
GTX 980
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Would I still be using Clover Configurator post-install? Is MultiBeast installing Clover onto an EFI partition, or is there a different guide for that method?

Would I still be using Clover Configurator post-install? Is MultiBeast installing Clover onto an EFI partition, or is there a different guide for that method?
MultiBeast installs Clover and has other configuration options for your system. Look over the MultiBeast v9.2.1 Features document that comes with MultiBeast and/or at MultiBeast.com.

Because you have a Nivida GTX 980, you'll want to do the Quick Start UEFI option and then Bootloaders > Clover v2.4k r4173 UEFI Boot Mode + Emulated NVRAM. There are other options for USB you'll need to select, too.

Don't reboot after you've installed your MultiBeast configuration. You'll need to install the 10.12.6 Nvidia web drivers before you reboot.
NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS Sierra 10.12.6 (378.05.05.25)

Clover Configurator is usually used as an after installation and MultiBeast install "fine tuner". I've only used it to get iMessage working. See P1LGRIM's quick approach to getting iMessage working here. His full guide is An iDiot's Guide To iMessage.

MultiBeast installs Clover and has other configuration options for your system. Look over the MultiBeast v9.2.1 Features document that comes with MultiBeast and/or at MultiBeast.com.

Because you have a Nivida GTX 980, you'll want to do the Quick Start UEFI option and then Bootloaders > Clover v2.4k r4173 UEFI Boot Mode + Emulated NVRAM. There are other options for USB you'll need to select, too.

Don't reboot after you've installed your MultiBeast configuration. You'll need to install the 10.12.6 Nvidia web drivers before you reboot.
NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS Sierra 10.12.6 (378.05.05.25)

Clover Configurator is usually used as an after installation and MultiBeast install "fine tuner". I've only used it to get iMessage working. See P1LGRIM's quick approach to getting iMessage working here. His full guide is An iDiot's Guide To iMessage.

As always, Stork, you are the best. I've been trying to decide whether I'm going to make a new build once High Sierra is released, but either way I'm overdue for a fresh install. I'm also pretty sure I have not been using 'Emulated NVRAM' at all...

Some of the older motherboards, which haven't had any "modern" BIOS updates, are probably still saving NVRAM across shutdowns/restarts/reboots. Or if you're still using a Chimera bootloader installation as the older MultiBeasts that installed Chimera had an option to kept NVRAM (in the /Extra/ folder).

However, the modern BIOS no longer have the "room" to keep the code that saves the NVRAM. Thus, Clover added a capability to save it at reboot or shutdown.

BTW, I, too, am going to look at a Coffee Lake build as I skipped the Kaby Lake build since it didn't do anything for me that my Skylake builds couldn't do.

Good Luck! Have fun! :thumbup:

Hey Stork! I've done a new install and am wondering what the USB options for my board you were talking about oh-so-long-ago are? I'm having an issue where USB drives are ejecting improperly at wake from sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back