Contribute
Register

Use hard drive as storage for installation that is done on SSD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97X-SLI
CPU
Intel i7 4790K 4.0 ghz
Graphics
MSI GTX 970 4GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys,

Here is the scenario. I have installed my Mac OS on an SSD alongside windows. Now I have two HDDs each 1TB. I have dedicated the 1TB complete to windows for storage and applications. Now I have this other drive which I have partitioned into 750GB and 250GB. The 250GB partition is dedicated to Linux completely what I want now is use the 750GB partition as the storage for applications and other stuff on my mac how can I do so that is whenever I install or download anything on the Mac OS it should be stored to this 750GB partition.

I would highly appreciate your help.

Guys if anyone can help me out here I would highly appreciate it.

Hey guys,

Here is the scenario. I have installed my Mac OS on an SSD alongside windows. Now I have two HDDs each 1TB. I have dedicated the 1TB complete to windows for storage and applications. Now I have this other drive which I have partitioned into 750GB and 250GB. The 250GB partition is dedicated to Linux completely what I want now is use the 750GB partition as the storage for applications and other stuff on my mac how can I do so that is whenever I install or download anything on the Mac OS it should be stored to this 750GB partition.

I would highly appreciate your help.

Format the 750GB partition as HFS+ and use it from OS X.

How to format HFS+? I installed Yosemite on SSD Partition Mac OS Extended (Journaled) and Partitioned HDD with same settings as OSX Storage. Should this work as a storage drive alongside Yosemite?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back