Motherboard
Asus Maximus VI Extreme Z87
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
3x GTX 770
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Updated to Yosemite and now I get stuck at this during boot. I cant figure out how to get past it. Please help. Doing a clean install is the very last thing I want to do. Please help. When first installing, there was no problem what-so-ever, no boot flags needed. now booting up, there seems to be a big problem.

I have the same issue. I can reboot via the USB installation stick after the update to Yosemite, run Multibeast, reboot, and then this. No flags seem to help. I'm totally stuck.

same here. I can boot in safe mode, but this is where I hang trying to boot normally.

OK. So I managed to get past this issue (so far at least). All I did was unplug my Unibeast USB drive (I also moved by bluetooth adapter from a USB 2 port to a USB 3 port. Doubt my evening of tweaking is over, but at least I'm in now...

I can't reproduce this error, it seems occurs randomly. However, I am lucky to have a full disk image of my SSD. So whenever I get stuck I restore it with Clonezilla and after that I can bootup fine. Which means something in the meantime changes this stuff. But I have no idea what. I don't do Clover edits after restoring the disk.

At first I thought it had to do with my Radeon 9 280X. In the second screenshot you'll see that my firmware is not being detected. "BIOS: undefined".in my third screenshot you'll see that upon a normal bootup my Bios is detected as "Atom Bios: Tahiti".

Can someone elaborate on the USBMSC Identifier thing. What does it do exactly. And how does this influence the detection of my GPU bios?

Attachments

• IMG_6470.jpg
    IMG_6470.jpg
    701.4 KB · Views: 222
  • Screen Shot 2014-10-23 at 09.25.35.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-23 at 09.25.35.png
    333.1 KB · Views: 189
  • Screen Shot 2014-10-23 at 09.27.25.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-23 at 09.27.25.png
    159 KB · Views: 199
Status
Not open for further replies.