Graphics
Nvidia GTX 680
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Has anyone managed to get USB3 working with an ASUS P8Z68-v Pro/Gen3? I've tried multiple kexts to get this working, but to no avail. Here's what I'm seeing when plugging in my external Western Digital USB3 hard drive. Note that I've tried plugging the drive into various USB3 ports with the same results.

GenericUSBXHCI (v1.21) - System freeze requiring reboot. (I'm assuming I'm getting a kernel panic behind the scenes.)
PXHCD (various versions) - System doesn't freeze, but external USB 3 drive not recognized (drive spins up but does not mount)

I'm doing this on a DSDT-free install, and everything is working great except for USB3. I'm curious if anyone has actually gotten USB3 working with this board (including using external devices) and, if so, what steps were needed.

Thanks for any help. This is my first foray into hackintosh building, so please be gentle!

EDIT: Forgot to mention that if I leave my USB3 drive plugged in during boot, I get a kernel panic.

Did you have get an answer? I'm DTST-free now also. USB 3 ports on my front panel using a cable connected to the MB have power but drives are not recognized. If I use the GenericUSBXHCI driver, my computer freezes if I stick anything in them just like you said.

Bump....
I am using sierra with this mobo... My system crashed if I use an usb3 drive... Someone could make it work? I read a lot of sites, and cannot get any result... tried the ouyen digital driver, but always the same result... If I copy something from or to an usb3 drive on USB3 port, the system sooner or later crashes and restart.

I am using DSDT extracted from windows with a program called rweverything (read write everything) and pasted those files in /EFIBOOT/EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched

Please help! I know that the "best solution for now" is use a third party controller, but for now it´s not an option for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back