i7-4790
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

So I've been having hanging issues with my Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H when inserting any USB3 device so I downloaded the USB3 kext and installed using Kext Wizard and my system instantly froze so I reset to get a lovely panic (cpu 4 caller 0xffffff7f80a220c2): "IOUSBControllerV3::_RESERVEDIOUSBControllerV321 called.

So I tried -s and -x on startup but it won't go into Single User or Safe Mode so I don't know how I can remove the Kext! It just crashes every time I boot up now and Ive no backup! Please help! How can I force Single User Mode or safe mode so I can remove the Kext?? :banghead:

Thanks!

Yes mate. USB3 kext loads regardless :cry: I need to get into a command prompt to delete the USB3 kext but don't know how without -s

Any help guys? Ive a dead studio Mackintosh now and need to finish an album this weekend :crazy:

Thanks!

G

Any help guys? Ive a dead studio Mackintosh now and need to finish an album this weekend

Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

Which version of OS X are you running ?

Try -v -x -f

Have you tried booting from a USB flash drive installer ?

Hi mate,

Sorry running Mavericks, I will update my profile now.

-v -x -f just goes to a error:

The IOUSBFamily is having trouble enumerating a USB device that has been plugged in. It will keep retrying. (Port 1 of Hub at 0x1a000000)
The IOUSBFamily is having trouble enumerating a USB device that has been plugged in. It will keep retrying. (Port 1 of Hub at 0x1d000000)

then just hangs..

No I haven't trying booting from a USB flash drive installer. I can mount my SSD from there and remove the Kext?

Thanks!

G

Which version of OS X are you running ?

Try -v -x -f

Have you tried booting from a USB flash drive installer ?

Hey,

I tried the bootable USB but couldn't make it due to my macbook pro is already running El Capitan so I couldn't choose an OS to complete the Unibeast setup! All I want to do is remove a Kext but can't access safe mode or SU.

Your help is appreciated..:headbang:

G

Hi mate,

Sorry running Mavericks, I will update my profile now.

-v -x -f just goes to a error:

The IOUSBFamily is having trouble enumerating a USB device that has been plugged in. It will keep retrying. (Port 1 of Hub at 0x1a000000)
The IOUSBFamily is having trouble enumerating a USB device that has been plugged in. It will keep retrying. (Port 1 of Hub at 0x1d000000)

then just hangs..

No I haven't trying booting from a USB flash drive installer. I can mount my SSD from there and remove the Kext?

Thanks!

G

While waiting for a reply i've gone ahead and whipped out the Mavericks SSD drive from my studio PC and popped it into an external drive enclosure. I go to System/Library/Extensions and all I see is Apple .kext's! Pulling my hair out now! :banghead: Why can't I see all the other .kext's and more importantly the USB kext so I can remove?!

What can I do to find and remove the USB kext while I have the drive accessible by my Macbook Pro over USB 2?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back