Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Precision 3620
CPU
E1275v5
Graphics
GT 730
Lenovo Thinkcenter M73, Mojave 10.14.2, Haswell i3-4130 (as per signature).
Intel H81 Express Chipset, device 8086:8xxx
2 ports on the back are USB3 & they are adjacent to USB2 ports.
Mouse/keybaord dongle is plugged to USB2 port (HS09). If I do plug in USB3 stick in SS02 port, dongle stops working. If I plug in to the other USB3 port (SS01), mouse becomes erratic.

Code:
Back USB3    Back USB2
HS01=SS01    HS10
HS02=SS02    HS09

I have edited ssdt to have only the USB ports that are actually used (6 in total, 2 front, 4 back)

Reporting files attached

Thanks

sebus

Attachments

• debug_18363.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Hey, I think I have some sort of similar issue to yours:
I have a usb dongle on USB2.0 port in. While I plug my speaker to recharge it on the USB3.0 port, the dongle stops working, on restart becomes erratic or straight up doesn't work. It was until I unplugged the speaker that it started working again. I thought it was that my 750w isn't enough to power everything inside.

Looks like the same, I do not think it has anything to do with power as USB stick takes close to nothing

Anybody has any solution?

sebus

update for me: i overhauled the clover and removed a lot of old entries I had (this build goes way back( and looks like I haven't got the issue since. So my suggestion is to redo the clover build from scratch

Hello,
i have the nearly the same issue with clover 4630 and 10.13.6.
Feels like it is the same problem.

At first i made a clean install. And the build was running with usb2.0 only.
The boot was very fast. When plugging something in a usb3.0 port, all usb stops working :(
External drives only mounts via restart... After a while randomly the usb stops working without attching something.

And now it became more worse: when i start clover, usb mouse and keyboard is working fine.
I can make inputs to clover - clover still boots very fast.
But only in clover and windows7 the mouse and keyboard is fine now.
After choosing mac in clover and hitting enter, it disconnects the hole usb ports!
When the apple system starts, usb mouse and keyboard stop working in the first seconds of boot - i see that all led lights become off in the first seconds when mac os is booting.
After weeks of loosing time i give up now, and need help!!!!

I tried usbinjectall, with and without dsdt, a lot of config editing, try and error booting like crazy..
At last i tried clover 4895 - but that does not boot macos at all :(
Nothing helps to get my usb back to work. Even if i load the config that was working at first, it is not working anymore :(

I looked into my log of clover build. Where i found some lines, that may be cause the problem (see below).
But i do not know what i can do now??? i am trying since End of Dezember to get it working...
The machine was running very good with 10.8.5 and chimera (the 10.8.5 hack is still working great when changing disks).
And when is boot into macos installer via clover usb stick, the mouse and keys are working again.

I am totally confused now what could help. I hope somebody can tell us the problem or what we do wrong. I guess when u got similar problem, the issue is not bios related - may be its only some lines in the config file or a kext???
I hope you can help me to rescue my install.

Code:
0:100  0:100  MemLog inited, TSC freq: 3491913652
0:100  0:000  CPU was calibrated with ACPI PM Timer
0:100  0:000 
0:100  0:000  Now is 17.3.2019,  6:27:50 (GMT)
0:100  0:000  Starting Clover revision: 4630 on American Megatrends EFI
0:100  0:000  Build with: [Args: -mc --no-usb -D NO_GRUB_DRIVERS_EMBEDDED -t XCODE8 | -D DISABLE_USB_SUPPORT -D NO_GRUB_DRIVERS_EMBEDDED --conf=/Users/macman/src/edk2/Conf -D USE_BIOS_BLOCKIO -D USE_LOW_EBDA -a X64 -b RELEASE -t XCODE8 -n 9 | OS: 10.13.6 | XCODE: 9.4.1]

Could that be the problem?
Did i made the mistake there?

Help :(

@Tatonga, sorry, but that does not look like same issue...

@zenonesnsone, I canot start any cleaner, as it was done from scratch for that & only that build!

Moved the dongle to front port & all back ports work fine with other devices!

Last edited:
In fact I tested a normal wired mouse/keyboard in back USB2 ports with USB 3 SSD in USB3 with no ill effects (so it could be just due to the Logitech wireless USB dongle)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back