Contribute
Register

USB wireless keyboard and mouse won't work in Clover start up GUI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
H55> Need manufactor & Full model # > See Rules!
CPU
i3-4160
Graphics
HD 4400
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys.

First of all i'd like to thank everyone in the forum who made this possible. There're lots of great guides so even a starter like me can install OS X on my computer. thanks for the great work!:headbang:

Recently i installed Yosemite on my spare build, it's a very old build:

i3-530 + GA-H55M-S2 1156 socket + Nvidia GT240 graphic card. It's a legacy BIOS and doesn't support UEFI. I used BIOS+Clover+GPT way to do this. I have no problem creating a bootable usb drive with yosemite and the whole installation process was very smoothly actually, however one thing that really bothers me is that my wireless USB keyboard and mouse won't work on Clover boot up GUI screen. I can't move the arrow keys to select/highlight the partition i want to boot up. However it does work after i plug out the usb adapter/receiver and replug it in. I thought maybe it was the config.plist file but it just won't work no matter how i change this file.

Furtunately, i don't have a dual boot and the OS X is the only partition I have on the harddrive. Since the usb won't work, I adjusted the config.plist file and made it skipped over the GUI screen and boots the default partition automatically. this way the problem was solved but it doesn't make me happy as i know there are issues out there wasn't solved.

Is there anybody have the similar issues as i do? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Hello,

I have the same problem, with same configuration (mine is a GA-H55M-UD2H, Core i7 860 and GTX 470).

I try to install OSX El Capitan. The boot is ok but I haven't keyboard and mouse (connected in USB).

Is anyone have an idea please?

Thanks in advance

Edit :

I found a solution (thanks to @neilhart with this topic : http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...mini-guide-ep45-ds3r-w-q6600-gf-8800-gts.html).
I created an USB key with OSX El Capitan and UniBeast 6.0, has legacy Clover method.
At boot, in Clover USB boot options, select this options (don't touch default other options)

Options :
- dart=0 PCIRootUID=1

DSDT Patches
- AddDTGP [+]
- AddMCHC [+]
- FixDarwin [+]
- FixHPET [+]
- FixIPIC[+]
- FixUSB [+]

Graphic Injector menu
- InjectNVidia [+]

CPU Tuning menu :
- GeneratePStates [+]
- GenerateCStates [+]

The DSDT patches will give you USB keyboard and USB mouse working in the installation UI.
Good luck for the install.

Bye.

Thank you. Now my wireless mouse work..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back