Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Plus
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,

I've recently built my first hackintosh, and have been using an older Apple wired keyboard since then. Today, I got my Sharkoon Skiller gaming keyboard in the mail. It works fine on Windows 7, but I'm having a lot of issues on Mac OS X Mountain Lion. It seems as if the keys are mapped wrongly, e.g.: When I press 'w' I get '4', when I press 'g' it gives me 'n'. Also, the spacebar doesn't work.

Unfortunately, the CD does not come with Mac drivers.

Does anyone have any experience with these problems?

Thanks in advance,

Tom

I am as well facing this problem, and while I do not have a complete solution to it, I have found the cause for it. Do not try to install any new kexts or anything of that nature as it will do nothing, at least for my keyboard (Rosewill Mechanical Gaming Keyboard) it seems to be a problem with the actual keyboard itself. I have tried using both an official apple keyboard and other non-apple keyboard that both worked perfectly with the machine but the Mechanical keyboard would not work no matter how I could use it. I further tested this by using a real Mac computer and tested out the Mechanical keyboard, the same problem happened, so as far as what I have found, it has nothing to do with your Hackintosh but the fact that the keyboard itself is not mac friendly. I would contact the manufacturer or go to forums about using your specific keyboard on Mac, I'm sure many others have faced this problem as well.

Hope this helps,
Jacob

Hi,

I've recently built my first hackintosh, and have been using an older Apple wired keyboard since then. Today, I got my Sharkoon Skiller gaming keyboard in the mail. It works fine on Windows 7, but I'm having a lot of issues on Mac OS X Mountain Lion. It seems as if the keys are mapped wrongly, e.g.: When I press 'w' I get '4', when I press 'g' it gives me 'n'. Also, the spacebar doesn't work.

Unfortunately, the CD does not come with Mac drivers.

Does anyone have any experience with these problems?

Thanks in advance,

Tom

Thought this might help.
Found the following posted by "Mark" on the Amazon reviews page for your keyboard:

This review is for: Sharkoon Skiller Gaming Keyboard (000SKSK)

"So, for starters, for those looking to buy this keyboard to use with OSX, don't. It's not compatible and there are no drivers or [FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]software available from the manufacturer for OSX. There aren't any work around's and OSX won't be able to recognize it if you try to configure it through settings."[/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back