CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Update from Mojave worked fine. But in Catalina my USB will not work after wake from sleep. It's really annoying. Everything, include USB 3.0 worked fine in Mojave. I think I'm going to have to revert by doing a clean install from Mojave install media.

Update from Mojave worked fine. But in Catalina my USB will not work after wake from sleep. It's really annoying. Everything, include USB 3.0 worked fine in Mojave. I think I'm going to have to revert by doing a clean install from Mojave install media.
Hi, Seem like your system can wake from sleep. I have Z97 gaming 5 with Rx580 display and same CPU. Mine can't wake. can you perhaps share your config. I noticed that you using iMac15 and not iMac 14 smbios. Any reason ?

Hi, Seem like your system can wake from sleep. I have Z97 gaming 5 with Rx580 display and same CPU. Mine can't wake. can you perhaps share your config. I noticed that you using iMac15 and not iMac 14 smbios. Any reason ?

Yes, I can share my config. Altough, right now I'm on a train. I'll do it as soon as I get home. So, I'll get back to you on that.

The reason I use a iMac15,1 definition is that iMac15,1 could be configured with exactly the same processor that I have. (i7-4790k). See here, for example. https://everymac.com/systems/apple/...-inch-aluminum-retina-5k-late-2014-specs.html

I'm not sure if it makes any practical reason though.

Which problem you have when wake up your system? screen freeze or goes black?

I had the same issue with no usb and fixed by disabling serial port in my bios

Yes, I can share my config. Altough, right now I'm on a train. I'll do it as soon as I get home. So, I'll get back to you on that.

The reason I use a iMac15,1 definition is that iMac15,1 could be configured with exactly the same processor that I have. (i7-4790k). See here, for example. https://everymac.com/systems/apple/...-inch-aluminum-retina-5k-late-2014-specs.html

I'm not sure if it makes any practical reason though.
Ok. I'm ready to share configs with you now. I don't know. I did a clean install of Catalina, and for whatever reason my computer is now super stable. No hangs, no reboots, no nothing. With the same configs that I used before. I don't know what my problem was before, but it's gone now.

I also have a bunch of stuff in CLOVER/ACPI/pathched

Attachments

• config.plist
    6 KB · Views: 56
  • SSDT-HDMI-HD4600-AirPlay.aml
    286 bytes · Views: 64
  • SSDT-UIAC.aml
    669 bytes · Views: 60
  • SSDT-XCPM.aml
    80 bytes · Views: 67
Status
Not open for further replies.