Contribute
Register

USB Wifi that works natively? (Out of the box)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GB Z370 Aorus Gaming 5
CPU
Graphics
ATI 580rx
Mac
  1. iMac
I have a Rokland n3 wifi adapter, but the software is being very strange - on startup I have to open the software, hit rescan for it to see networks, then select the network and type in the password (on every boot).... I've also noticed that my internet has been a little bit wonky, and my system seems to freeze up sometimes. This is only since using the n3 (I was wired before this week).

Is there a recommended USB wifi dongle that works natively with Mac? (Doesn't require a separate control panel, works with the Airport panel)

I have a Rokland n3 wifi adapter, but the software is being very strange - on startup I have to open the software, hit rescan for it to see networks, then select the network and type in the password (on every boot).... I've also noticed that my internet has been a little bit wonky, and my system seems to freeze up sometimes. This is only since using the n3 (I was wired before this week).

Is there a recommended USB wifi dongle that works natively with Mac? (Doesn't require a separate control panel, works with the Airport panel)

This is normal behaviour, your adapter acts like any RaLink-based adapter and the situation is the same with all Realtek-based devices. As far as I know, there is no USB WiFi adapter (at least there is no such N adapter), that works "natively" with the Network Preferences pane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back