Contribute
Register

USB Wifi for macOS Sierra 10.12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does this work with Mojave? I reall wanna buy one of these but I need to know if it works with Mojave

Yes it works under Mojave (I tried TP Link WN 823 V2 using the latest drivers for V2).

Just a side note: Before connecting the wifi stick the first time, install the drivers and reboot. If I first connect the stick and install drivers, I get a message, that no NIC is available sometimes.

Just a note again. I bought a MacMini 2018 which uses Mojave 10.14.4. Here I did not get the TL-WN823N V2 to work, until I installed the latest drivers of the V3. It seems that there was some issue with the V2 drivers for APFS file system.
Anyhow, the V3 drivers work for the MacMini. Maybe that is not of interest, but better too much info than too less...

how can i get siri to realize my netgear a7000 wireless ac usb adapter is connected as wifi so it can pinpoint my location? it says turn on wifi but as i stated its on and working. also i have location services enabled in privacy settings for all available things. including siri and dictation as it one time instructed me to do so. but it still is clueless. my wifi icon in statusbar is a n for netgear, i would assume if wifi was enabled with location working it would be the standard mac wifi icon.....

if there is no known easy or mildly complicated fix its ok siri seems to work otherwise after setting wifi to en1 and ethernet to en0 i dont have an iphone so if i dont have to fix imessage its ok i could never be successful in that ideviur anyway. for a substitute i use textnow from appstore... any advice or is this null?

posted thread to maybe get more answers. if bad please just delete this post,.... im not a double poster

I Confirm that the TP-Link N300 (TL-WN823N) works with Osx (thus with Sierra aswell). No dropouts, full speed, and in my opinion..the best wireless option for hackintosh. Nice for a 15 dollar wifi stick!
Which driver are you using?

Which usb wifi stick may work with native Airport?

Yes it works under Mojave (I tried TP Link WN 823 V2 using the latest drivers for V2).

Just a side note: Before connecting the wifi stick the first time, install the drivers and reboot. If I first connect the stick and install drivers, I get a message, that no NIC is available sometimes.

Does it have Air Drop, Continuity etc. working?

Also, you're referring to this dongle, right? https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-TL-WN823N-Wireless-network-Raspberry/dp/B0088TKTY2/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=tl-wn823n&qid=1563157134&s=gateway&sr=8-1

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back