i7-9750H
Graphics
UHD 630 + GTX 1650, 1920x1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys, I am looking for USB WiFi sticks that will work with macOS High Sierra (10.13.2). I have a dell Inspiron 5559. I know the best way is to replace the WiFi card, but I want to give a try to USB WiFi. Please suggest one and also the drivers to make it to work.

P.S: I have searched google for such question but can only found a five year old post. Thats's why thought it is better to ask you guys.

Last edited:
Hi guys, I am looking for USB WiFi sticks that will work with macOS High Sierra (10.13.2). I have a dell Inspiron 5559. I know the best way is to replace the WiFi card, but I want to give a try to USB WiFi. Please suggest one and also the drivers to make it to work.

P.S: I have searched google for such question but can only found a five year old post. Thats's why thought it is better to ask you guys.

A long while ago I used: edimax ew-7811un

The drivers were horrible (horrible UI, instability across sleep/wake), but it worked.

Ar
A long while ago I used: edimax ew-7811un

The drivers were horrible (horrible UI, instability across sleep/wake), but it worked.
Aren't there any sensible USB WiFi there?

Ar

Aren't there any sensible USB WiFi there?

Not when I researched it, but that was several years ago..

With "sensible" compatible PCIe WiFi readily available, no sense in looking at USB WiFi.

Not when I researched it, but that was several years ago..

With "sensible" compatible PCIe WiFi readily available, no sense in looking at USB WiFi.
Haha,
I am just feeling uncomfortable in opening and replacing a genuine part inside the laptop. That’s the only reason

Haha,
I am just feeling uncomfortable in opening and replacing a genuine part inside the laptop. That’s the only reason

You won't feel uncomfortable after you do it once. Other than the tiny antenna connectors (difficult for clumsy fingers), replacing the card is not difficult.

You won't feel uncomfortable after you do it once. Other than the tiny antenna connectors (difficult for clumsy fingers), replacing the card is not difficult.
In addition, I also came to know NGFF are of many types A, E and all that. I am so much confused. Please see the attached image and please let me know with which one I can replace (please specify one chipset) it and it should work with Windows 10 as well. I shall be very thankful to you.

Attachments

• 36BA039D-DE1A-43E7-A02A-A2289924A774.jpeg
    36BA039D-DE1A-43E7-A02A-A2289924A774.jpeg
    96.2 KB · Views: 812
Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back