Graphics
Intel HD4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey Guys i just made my first hackintosh on a probook 4440s and i dont want to change my wifi card which is not supported by osx. so i was thinking of buying a usb wifi adapter but i don't which one i should buy as i don't know which ones have drivers for yosemite, and so far google uncle has failed me.
so please give me your suggestions.

Hey Guys i just made my first hackintosh on a probook 4440s and i dont want to change my wifi card which is not supported by osx. so i was thinking of buying a usb wifi adapter but i don't which one i should buy as i don't know which ones have drivers for yosemite, and so far google uncle has failed me.

Quite honestly, it is quite easy to change out the PCIe WiFi. And the experience is better and the stability is better. USB WiFi is something that should be used only at last resort. Since the 4x40s series has no whitelist, definitely not 'last resort'...

Netgear WNA3100M N300 WIFI USB MINI ADAPTER. Download this driver for RTL8192CU "Mavericks" from http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...peID=3&GetDown=false&Downloads=true#RTL8191SU

I purchased the Panda wifi from amazon just make sure that it works with yosemite. mine didn't at first i had to install some drivers...available on their website.

----post removed----

Hi.. this is my first Hackintosh Build. After almost a week of headbanging I finally got it to run smoothly.:headbang:

the only issue i am facing is in the USB wireless adapter, I use one called iBall wireless 300m adapter (noob joke: not to be confused as an Apple product due to 'i' :think:)

After some search found out that it uses RTL8191SU chip and the drivers till 10.8 are available.

even after downloading and installing them, the adapter isnt detected. Please help.
The Following is my Build:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H81M-DS2 rev 3.0
Processor: Core i5 4440 - 3.1GHz
Graphics Card: Nvdia GeForce 750Ti 2gb (Gigabyte)
O/S: Yosemite 10.10.1
Bootloader: Chimera 4.x.x (dont remember)
USB wifi adapter: RTL81941SU

Desktop questions off-topic in the ProBook laptop forum.

Post your question to the appropriate desktop forum.

yeah sorry about that... i saw it late...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back