Contribute
Register

USB Wake Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
In post #9 @Edhawk explained the H310T motherboard very clearly, and Asus's configuration.

What the IOReg and Hackintool outputs do not make clear is an underlying restriction. The H310 Intel chipset only has 10x USB ports in total. Of which 4x can be USB3 as well. Asus works to this and only provides the 4x.

The ACPI is reporting 14x USB2 with 4x USB3 plus 2x USR for padding. This might be confusing the system hardware. I've often seen this. It might be Asus using a generic DSDT for more than one motherboard.

To move on and try to clarify:

Your Bluetooth hub at HS14 needs to be marked as "Internal" Connector type.
HS06 needs to be set as USB2 as it hosts the monitor's USB2 hub with your webcam.
HS03 is an internal hub and you have your keyboard in HS04, audio in HS05.

Check their colours as I mentioned earlier and assign the correct connector type to each.

Test all your remaining ports to identify them in Hackintool. I understand this will be tricky. The 3x Genesis Logic ports are on the motherboard next to the USB2 9-pin header, they come as a 9-pin header and a 4-pin header. These are all close together behind the DC power input socket. The 2x onboard USB3 will be the 20-pin header.

Once this has been done you can remove all the non-existent ports by deleting them from the Hackintool window and create your SSDT/USBports,kext.

If this is all too much trouble, just ensure you keep the ports you are going to use and delete enough to stay under your arbitrary 15-limit.

All ports still show as USB3?

No, all is as it should. HS03 is not internal hub, it is mouse.

Attachments

• Image.png
    Image.png
    203.7 KB · Views: 44
No, all is as it should. HS03 is not internal hub, it is mouse.

Strange. I see "IOUSBHostDevice". Must be an unusual one. You don't usually see them buried like this:

HS03.jpg

But "HID" does indeed mean an interface of some kind, just no positive that it's a mouse. You might have been using a bluetooth mouse. As I said "strange".

Sorry my post was of no use to you - I did research and put thought into post #21.

Glad all is as it should be now.

Last edited:
OK, thanks. Any idea why USBPorts.kext is able to put computer properly in sleep (despite quirky monitor hub) and/or why USBPorts.kext is not able to detect BRCM20702 BT hub ?

Post a copy of your new USBPorts.kext. HS14 can be added manually if required.

When using a USBPorts.kext you have to remove USBInjectAll.kext, as the two don't work together.

FYI. You only use the USBInjectAll.kext when undertaking the USB port discovery and when using an SSDT-UIAC.aml.

My USBPorts.kext (as Info.plist) is in first post.

Second part of your message is understood and already followed.

I assumed you had recreated the USBPorts.kext since this thread was started, and the contents of the USBPorts.kext > Info.plist has been changed. Is that not the case?

Updated file attached, but result is the same:

Attachments

• Info.plist
    4.3 KB · Views: 40
Can you post a copy of the whole USBPorts.kext, not just the plist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back